Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I ain't fond of Jane!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thumbs down I ain't fond of Jane!

I received this in my email the other day, (Thanks John) Take a look at it and understand why so may Americans can't stand this woman. All of this may or may not be factual, but she acted as a traitor just by going there.
------------------------------------------

Hanoi Jane, one of John Kerry's buddies

Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the "100 Women of the
Century." Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country but specific men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam.

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry
Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison-the "Hanoi Hilton." Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American "Peace Activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and dragged away.

During the subsequent beating, he fell forward upon the camp Commandant's feet, which sent that officer berserk. In '78, the AF Col. still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying days) from the Vietnamese Col.'s frenzied application of a wooden baton.

From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the "Hilton"- the first three of which he was "missing in action". His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned, fed, clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his SSN on it, in the palm of his hand.

When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?"

Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper. She took them all without missing a beat. At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him the little pile of papers.

Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Col. Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know about her actions that day.

I was a civilian economic development adviser in Vietnam, and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held for over 5 years. I spent 27 months in solitary confinement, one year in a cage in Cambodia, and one year in a "black box" in Hanoi.

My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South Vietnam, whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border.

At one time, I was weighing approximately 90 lbs. (My normal weight is 170 lbs.) We were Jane Fonda's "war criminals."

When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, I was asked by the camp communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with Jane Fonda. I said yes, for I would like to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received different from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by Jane
Fonda, as "humane and lenient."

Because of this, I spent three days on a
rocky floor on my knees with outstretched arms with a large amount of steel placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane till my arms dipped.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda for a couple of hours after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV.. She did not answer me.

This does not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of "100 Years of Great Women." Lest we forget..."100 years of great women" should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots.

There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but
Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the post.. wont find something like this in the main press. My thanks to the patriots and their Families in this letter for their sacrifices, heck, to ALL veterens. They are owed a debt of gratitude, not a slap in the face.

Thanks VETS, and God Bless.

DuaneW.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:45 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
This is not the first time I have read this story and more about her. In my books she is a number one traitor to the USA. If anyone deserves to be shot as a traitor, it is Jane Fonda!
Unfortunately she is not the only American who is taking the country down the tubes. How sad! I get angry every time I read stuff like this. How can she sleep at night?
Old 03-18-2004, 04:13 PM

Hanoi Jane - makes me sick to think that she did what she did., and many have forgotten it.

I am a Viet Nam vet and I would spit in her face if I had the chance.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:04 PM

HEY VETS .......... THANK YOU.. ( thats right i shouted it ). good thing this site is a good family oriented site or id tell you how i feel about that piece of trash
Old 03-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Muted User

Hanoi Jane isn't worth your spit! She is just plain scum. She and her ultra-liberal, distorted viewpoint of a husband Ted Turner of CNN. Its no wonder that network is so anti-Bush and pro-Kerry. I've never served in the military, so I probably don't even begin to understand some of the sacrifices you Vets have made for me and for the other US citizens. However, I can assure you that I for one respect you and appreciate what you have done for the rest of us. Thank you. P.S. Send Hanoi Jane back to Hanoi and have her take Hillary with her!!
Old 03-18-2004, 08:43 PM

Thats why we need to keep going with our space program. So we will have a place to send Hanoi jane, hillary & the rest of those liberals. I could go on & on with the list but don't want to waist any more band width.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:19 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
I do wonder a bit about all this. If these accusations are true wouldn't she be liable for her actions- I mean couldn't she be sued by the ones that suffered due to her actions? Isn't being on the opponents side in a war something like treason for the citizen? How about punisments?

I don't know anyway near enough about all this so forgive me my dumbass questions.

AlpineRAM
Old 03-19-2004, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The term "burned at the stake" comes to mind here if you know what I mean.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Muted User

Don't waste a good stake. The burn part is fine.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Yeah, hadn't thought of it that way. Save the wood for something good.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:47 AM

Top I never knew of this story ( I turn 30 in July) thank you for sharing your story, how fast we forget the past. I just want to thank you whole heartedly for your service and all vets for the sacrifices they have made for us. God bless
Old 03-19-2004, 10:04 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 03-19-2004, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by AlpineRAM
I do wonder a bit about all this. If these accusations are true wouldn't she be liable for her actions- I mean couldn't she be sued by the ones that suffered due to her actions? Isn't being on the opponents side in a war something like treason for the citizen? How about punisments?

I don't know anyway near enough about all this so forgive me my dumbass questions.

AlpineRAM
Marcus this is very true and was well known 30 years ago. There were many more accusations and pictures. My opinion of why she and others were able to get away with it was the world wide hype regarding the Vietnam war.

We have the same garbage starting again regarding Iraq, and Jane's buddy running for president. Again, my opinion and just that, but I believe that if Kerry wins the election this country is in big trouble due to the reactions that will follow.

Once again, there is no doubt the position Jane took. She should have been prosecuted. I was always disappointed in the rank and file American people for not demanding it. But the politically correct thing to do at the time was spit on our Army. The "spitters" are now the generation that is in political office.

The "spitters" are also the news media that misleads America, Europe and the rest of the world. While we still pay as tax payers for the cost of freeing the World of Hitler and the other totalitarian leaders. Why is our Social Security in trouble? Because the funds were used in the war effort in the 40's and Eisenhour wrote the debt off, now the next generation pays for the current senior citizens.

Sorry to get off track, I just think that the world, including some of American citizens have a very short memory. They forget the atrocities that American soldiers have dealt with over the years and also 911 now. Leaders make mistakes, not soldiers.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:48 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Hmm- If I may ask some more questions and state some stuff to act as a framework for you to understand my questions a bit better. (Actually I don't have an opinion on all this because I'm really uninformed)
European media state that Kerry has served in Vietnam and has been decorated. They do also state that Bush didn't serve in Vietnam, but with help from friends in the right positions got into the national guard and flew a desk there. Especially the notion about Kerry being a veteran confses me a bit since lots of the comments opponing Kerry come from vets and from hawks. Also the connection between Fonda and Kerry puzzles me. I'd understand it if Kerry had served and had learned something out of it that makes him want to avoid US soldiers in wars.
Personally I do feel that the economic damages of WW2 are long offset because of the initial starts on lots of technologies that wouldn't have started without it. Also the col war, even though it isn't that long ago lead to stuff like the space program with immense technological impact.
Also since the US citizens are "famous" for going to court about everything I don't see why there haven't been attempts to at least get some cash by the "victims" of Fonda's actions in the war.
(the "'s are in there to denote that I think that maybe my wording isn't correct, not to express irony or the like)

My personal opinion is that soldiers do make mistakes too, and these mistakes are especially cruel due to the nature of their profession.
Politicians make mistakes, undoubted, but who was wrong in Vietnam? The pro war or the contra war fraction? How about it in Iraq?
At least in Europe the consent is that there is no proof that Hussein posessed or was near posession of WMDs, and that he wasn't of imminent danger to the so called stability there. Also the sources that link Al Kaida to Hussein are at least very doubtful in the views over here.

These questions are the product of what I get to read in newspapers, and shown on TV.
I know that this is a very sensitive matter, but I'd like to get to know more opinions and what they are based on.

AlpineRAM

Quick Reply: I ain't fond of Jane!