Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How's your Bow Season going?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That stuff works great for me. The last couple of years, I've started hunting a lot more in the woods instead of the fields, and during the bow and black powder seasons instead of just rifle. Last year I just had the liner suit, but was meticulous about all my other clothes and stuff. Almost everytime I hunted from a stand, I had deer within 20 yards, and often close enough to pee on. I even had a doe come up and sniff the ladder to a 14 foot tripod stand on the field edge, while I was in it! I had my eyes squinted almost shut, she was so close, and I could have poked her with the gun barrel. And they never spooked.

This year I've got two sets! Liner and camo coveralls. It's on now! Gonna start jumping out of trees on them, maybe lasso a couple. You have to go through a somewhat elaborate process of putting your hunting clothes on in layers and taking them back off and storing them, which kinda sucks, but the results are absolutely worth it. You do still have to play the wind right too, but it helps. I only put my clothes in the dryer about every 10 days, they can only stand so many rechargings. And I try not to sweat them up or get them bloody.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just normally use scent killer spray, if I use anything at all. BUT, I do NOT go into the woods unless the wind is right, I've got a couple of different stands for different wind directions. I used to not use any kind of scent killer type spray, just started using it a couple of years ago. All my stands are 16 foot ladder-type stands we built, and when I used not to wear any kind of spray, I even had deer come directly downwind of me and not spook. Like Timberman said, I've had deer right below my stand also(within 3 feet or closer) of the bottom, and none of them ever realized they were up there. Last year I had a spike bed down about 15 feet from my stand, and take a nap while I was hunting

I dont bow hunt any, but I'm ready for rifle season to start here in NC. Our fall break falls just perfect with it, ours is October 14-17th for break. I'll probably be going home on the 16th and hunt then and the 17th. NC States break is October 12th-15th, so we get a couple of more hunting days here at ECU.

Does anybody hunt in the mornings? I usually dont, whenever I go, the deer have already moved way earlier than legal shooting time, so you're lucky to see a deer. I usually just hunt evenings.