Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

how things change with age?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tbarbee1
HEre it is this is what I was looking for I just wasnt asking correctly do you loose the aggressiveness and vigor or the competitive spirit. coffee]
Honestly, life is what changes you. The goals I had when I was younger are not the same now. Before, from sprint car racing, competitive in the Military, to having kids, all things change as life goes on.

I am/have been losing interest in the things I used to do, simply because those are not goals anymore. I am still competitive, but in different ways. Now the task is to know your limitations, physically, and do what you can. You will find out what I mean as time goes on. . . .
Old 09-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm 45 this year, and my 12yr.old boy acts older than I do, I have to remind him to lighten up a little, but my 7yr.old boy thinks I'm funny as H**L. My wife thinks she's in the nut house.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:22 PM

Happy birthday man. On the 8th, I made the big 65. Seems like just yesterday I was a smart*** kid running around in a 37 Ford with a Chevy. Don't know where all the time went but I think I had fun doing it. Still do, in fact.

Bill
Old 09-17-2007, 12:47 AM

I already posted once here but I missed some stuff. I had 4 friends that didn't make it past 30 days into retirement before their numbers came up. So with 15 days to go I look forward to waking up each and every day. Once that is done then my dad lived to 85 so that only gives me 7300 more days. Even one lost day now counts so I plan on making the best out of everything given to me. Maybe I can return some things to others along the way. A little happiness, love, caring, enjoyment, maybe a tip here or there on this forum, if I can make some one happy and smile I figure I've done something good for the day. In general no coasting.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I wondered what old and grown up meant. I just hit 40 and am still wondering. I feel like a kid with car payments and 3 children. I tell my friends that I'm not old because my kids are still in Jr. High, Elementary and Day care. Theirs are high school and college graduates. Stupid stuff still crosses my mind like jumping off the roof instead of using the ladder, dragging the tree limb across the yard instead of using my tractor. I used to celebrate anniversaries of my 21st b-day, then my 25th then realized that I cant stop aging but I dont have to get old. I do take more breaks when working (more to do with smoking than anything else). The muscles are sore for 3-4 days instead of 1-2 days. I will admit that I miss the boundless energy of my teens and twenties. Getting older just means you have more options. Young energy was like a shotgun blast which meant being everywhere all the time doing everything. Older is being selective about where I'm going to focus my energies. Younger meant washing my car maybe twice a week. Now, I'll take my truck and have it cleaned instead of spending half a day doing it myself. Younger meant mowing the yard at least onece a week. Now, two weeks if I feel like it. If the yard (2 ac.) gets ahead of me I might get someone to tame it to a more managable state. I now know what "old men fight smart not hard means". If the other guys isnt taking a dirt sample in less than 1 minute, odds are your gonna be to winded if you stretch it out too far. So far gettin olds been a good thing....