Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

how things change with age?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You know your getting old when the blonde hair, whats left of it, turns white.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
You know your getting old when the blonde hair, whats left of it, turns white.

Yeah but do you feel like a grown up???
Old 09-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed the same thing, the older I get the older old is..... wonder why? LOL
Old 09-06-2007, 06:23 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Last year I met up with my than 78YO parents in CA. After doing a stupid thing with my father (involved beer, some small propane tanks, campfire and a gun), my mother began to berate us and told us we needed to grow up (something I have heard her say many times). My father says you know you are grown up when you can do something stupid but not get hurt or thrown in jail for it. I hate seeing them get older with bad hips, knees and other worse things, but they both sometimes do things that convince me that we never truly grow up.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:27 PM

Donnee,whats scary about looking in the mirror....is that you see your father looking back at you.
Chrisreyn,I can relate.I was talking with my UPS driver the other day how long it took to drive from The Bay Area to Los Angeles,about 350 miles.He told me how long it took him,x number of minutes in his new car.I mentioned I did it a little quicker,oh yeah in what...I replied in 1967 in my Austin Healy....whats that??sighAnd the radio does have vacuum tubes.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:42 PM
JKM

I'm sure totallyrad would agree , it's amazing that I made it to 21.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:05 PM

Donnee,whats scary about looking in the mirror....is that you see your father looking back at you.
Chrisreyn,I can relate.I was talking with my UPS driver the other day how long it took to drive from The Bay Area to Los Angeles,about 350 miles.He told me how long it took him,x number of minutes in his new car.I mentioned I did it a little quicker,oh yeah in what...I replied in 1967 in my Austin Healy....whats that??sighAnd the radio does have vacuum tubes.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:20 PM

I feel every bit of 47 years old. And I have serious doubts about making 60.

And I'm single and have no kids.

And I work to keep my '03 Ram, place to live, dss and internet. I don't starve. What a life.

If I sound down it's because I AM!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMHO you are only as old as you act and feel. I am really only 22 and my dad will turn 50 this year. We still go out partying when I am home and usually have to call for a ride home from mom. When I was home in August dad was going to go to bed early (3 or 4 am) and I called him a (insert 5 letter word). He stayed up until we were all ready to hit the hay and then called us the same thing back, but agreed and turned in since the sun was starting to rise. Just remember you are only as old as you act and feel, not necissairly (sp) how old you look.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:52 PM

I'm 65 and 6 days into retirement. I know I'm not grown up. I still get a kick out of wasting tires and blowing coal when necessary. It's just what I do. I called my wife from the garage where my streetrod is and told her she was going to have to come and get me as I forgot how to get home. (something old folk do). She says well why don't you and the dog just stay there then, sleep on the creeper or something. Then when I got home later she says where have you been?? I said I've been driving around for an hour and a half trying to find this house. she just did

Old 09-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, how we change as I sit here scrolling through DTR after a nice late morning surgery today on my right knee due to a torn meniscus. Never happened before........ doc said that it had something to do with age. To be honest with you, I look forward to old age, if I make it. A lot of people don't.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Its nice too see all you older "than me" guys talking about having fun and doing silly stuff. Cause I dont feel like a grown up and dont ever want to feel like a grown up I dont mind responsibility or work, but fun is just as if not more important. So I say get old but dont Grow UP
Old 09-07-2007, 08:30 AM

I don't know about getting old because I am 22, but right after my senior year of high school my dad, me and one of my buddies when to a Lynryd Skynyrd concert in Nashville and he was partying just as hard as we were. He was 55 at the time. I think age is all about how you look at it, and apparantly my dad looks at 50 as just starting over.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Chapter President

Mentally old is a state that I haven't traveled to yet. Physically old is something that's happening more and more often.

I guess the first time I felt I was getting old was when the first grandchild was born. That was in 1993, but I guess I was wrong........I still romp with the latest.....now four years old.

I can't run as fast, but I can still get there.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:45 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

" I aint as good as I once was,......."

The DTR geriatrics theme song????????

Quick Reply: how things change with age?