Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How things change??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How things change??

First this is NOT to offend anyone, its just a thought brought on by the latest copy of (cant recall for sure) Newsweek, People or Time magazine?? The front cover shows a pitcure of Los Angles`s new Mayor and the heading reads" Latino Power", again not to be racist or whatever, I have no racial issues, I hate everyone, ha,ha just kiddin. Suppose it hade a pitcure of Bush after he was elected and it had been a predominatly latino administration for years and it said "White Power". It would seem to me this would be a extreme racist, bold unpolitically correct bla,bal statement, so how does this work these days?? Personally I feel its much like the white power statement and could have been worded much better. any opinions on this? curious how some of you might see this.
Again no bashing intended.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to be the way things are going these days. Their is a new bill before congress now to let native Hawiians start a governnment independant from the State government their now. Where is this going to lead will we have independant hispanic in Calif. or African America Atlanta or Islamic Boston????? probly so if we don't fight our congressman. It is time for America to be America and not White America or African America or Hispanis America not Islamic America. This is not to say not to be proud of where you are from or youe heritage. But if you are in the USA all other should be secondary.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I agree this looks bad simply because it smells of a double standard.

I have always believed our greatest strength is in our diversity, sadly it seems the more we advance, the further we recede into a segregated society.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am puzzled at things like "latino/colored/ etc, grammies, music awards etc. It surely shows that there is much separation still and it suggests others are wanting their own piece of the pie so to say. Seems if there was a White only version of these it would be hell to pay, yet I see many cultures and races participating in the general grammies etc which is as it should be. Does that mean cause Im of white color Im banned from such events? Go figure. Oh well, I cant sing or act so no loss, But I can sure snivvel when I need to, maybe I should go for a soap opera
Old 06-02-2005, 06:40 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not racist if your talking about successes of anyone besides white males.