Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How to remove dealer's stickers from new vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to remove dealer's stickers from new vehicle

Bought my wife a new car this weekend, and it has a dealer sticker on the back that she wants removed. How do I do this without damaging the paint?

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 AM

if its just a sticker...use a heat gun or blowdryer...heat it up then start at one end peeling and heat it while you go.... then just use WD-40 to get the glue off
Old 03-26-2007, 10:54 AM

What I do with the window sticker that shows the vehicle and all the equipment on it is peel it off then use it in the 3 ring binder with all the vehicle history. Work orders, repairs and what ever. Comes in handy. Also get a print out from the dealer on the vin number with all the build data.
Congrats on new ride for the wife. Good luck on getting the dealer sticker off.l
Old 03-26-2007, 12:52 PM

I thought he was talking about the dealership logo..."dingelberry ferd...."he said on the 'back' without ruining the paint...

I took my dealership 'badge' off because they are NitWits...I now have a 'Business Link' dealership that takes care of my farm truck...THEY ARE OUTSTANDING !!

Bonneville and Son Manchester,NH...(no relation)I think
Old 03-26-2007, 01:14 PM

Yes, I was talking about the dealership tag, not the window sticker, but thanks for the idea of keeping everything together.

Appreciate everyone's quick responses. Hopefully I won't be putting the 1st scratch on it by peeling it off...
Old 03-26-2007, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have trouble, find an autobody shop and purchase a "3M Stripe Removal Wheel". That's what I used to debadge the truck.

HTH

Tony
Old 03-26-2007, 05:13 PM

Even worse is those stupid dealerships that put on the big plastic/chrome looking badges
Old 03-26-2007, 06:17 PM

ask them if they want to pay you $100.00 a month to leave it on ... Hate it when they try and do free advertising.. Told them when I got mine that if they put their delaer sticker on they would have to take it off or the deal was off...
I even pulled the dealer advertising plates and plate holders...
Old 03-26-2007, 07:23 PM

Does anyone besides me remember when dealers actually DRILLED HOLES in your sheet metal to put on their dealership advertising? I think it wasn't until around the mid-80s that some of them stopped doing that. After a good while of buying used, I bought a new Mustang GT in '87. It had a sticker that I had their prep guy remove before I paid 'em for the car. At least a sticker can be removed with a heat gun. Not like a chrome emblem of the dealer's name held on with two metal studs going thru two holes drilled in your sheet metal.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by gerry
ask them if they want to pay you $100.00 a month to leave it on ... Hate it when they try and do free advertising.. Told them when I got mine that if they put their delaer sticker on they would have to take it off or the deal was off...
I even pulled the dealer advertising plates and plate holders...
yeah Im with you on that. The next one I buy in a few years will likely be a new one and will order it, and Ive already have that on my list of demands. No dealer decal or no buy
Old 03-26-2007, 08:59 PM

Heck, I've had several pick up trucks with the dealers name actually engraved into the steel rear bumper.

And I'm only 35.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Banned

when i take mine off when it warms up along w/ all the other decals, im gonna do bad things to them. very unhappy with their customer service after the sale

brett
Old 03-26-2007, 10:56 PM

I remember those old drilled ones. I actually refused a car I ordered because of one of those. The dealer was plenty hot, but on my order list I specifically stated NO DEALER DECALS at the bottom of my list. They re-ordered my car and made certain there was no decal. I told them they got no free advertising out of me, no free referal. If they gave me good service then I would be happy to tell everyone about them, also if they gave me bad service I would tell everyone too.

I used a hairdryer to get the sticky decal off my truck, goo gone to clean up. I also took off the license plate frame with the dealers name too. No free advertisements. If people like my truck, they can find one to meet their expectations at a Dodge dealer. If a Dodge dealership wants me to help sell vehicles for them by being a driving advertisement, then they better well pay me a commission for each and every truck they sell. Otherwise, they are on their own . .

CD
Old 03-26-2007, 11:14 PM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Nail polish remover works well to remove the sticky stuff. Also those 3m stripe remover wheels work pretty well.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
when i take mine off when it warms up along w/ all the other decals, im gonna do bad things to them. very unhappy with their customer service after the sale
brett
Yeah, the dealer I bought from is so bad on the service side that I can't even begin to find forum-acceptable words for how bad they are. I got my first service done in a neighboring town and am well-pleased with them. While I was waiting I asked for 3 of their stickers to put on the RAM, Dakota and Spirit. Took off the cheesy dealer's and put on the new ones. I make a point of going into the place once in awhile, to use the john or something, and always park so they can see the other dealerships' sticker. I know it's not hurting them very much but it makes ME feel better!

Quick Reply: How to remove dealer's stickers from new vehicle