Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How to reduce/eliminate grass clippings

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TRCM
Well, when I have a bunch of clippings sitting on the grass, the good ole leaf blower is recruited to 'spread it out', and it does a very good job. It actually blows the clippings back down in to the grass, like mulch.

But, I have the feeling that if you have a 6' blade, yer yard is just a wee bit larger than mine
Know anyone with a helicopter?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rhino
I will add that if double or triple cutting the grass does not help chop up the clippings small enough so they disappear, you are cutting off too much grass at one time. You need to cut more often.
Just keep cutting twice until you get it at the desired height. Try to only take about an inch or less off every time over. For example - first time over set you cutting height @ 5" s or your traveling height & then follow up w/ it at 4 1/2 or 4 1/4". This will keep you from already having a clumpy lawn & the grass being held down by the clumps when you go over it the second time. Hope this helps!
Old 09-05-2006, 09:12 AM

Rich, I've tried mulching with Gator blades, as well as collecting it with the bagger. But there was always stuff left behind. That only thing I've found that works for me is a Cyclone Rake. It's a pull behind cart with it's own engine. Attaches directly to the tractor so it doesn't articulate, very easy to back up and dump. It will suck pine cones, grass clippings, and leaves right up, chops them up, and holds them in a big, heavy, fold-up container. The container tips up for dumping. Also has a vacuum attachment for those "hard to reach places" like between bushes and shrubs, etc.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:55 PM

Have you considered getting a I think there call a yard sweeper. Got little nylon bristles that spin and flip grass up into bag on back. Work very well my grandma has one that you can pull behind the mower or fourwheeler.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

get a very large power leaf blower, use it to blow into the neighbors yard. pretend that you didnt do anything/know anything about it.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:55 PM

Set your deck hight at least 4.5 inches, cut to short and theres no place for clipping to go, they just lay on top.

Second remove the deflector shoot from the mower discharge.

I cut at 4.5" with a 60" country clipper no problems.

Rick D
Old 09-05-2006, 08:41 PM

I have found round-up to be VERY effective at reducing grass clippings...

Next thing youll want to know is how to get rid of mud......

Otherwise, cut less off each time and NEVER cut in the same direction two times in a row, helps spread out old clippings better. Use mulching blades and mow slower. I had to quit fertilizing my yard, looked real pretty but was a real PIA to keep up with, now I just mow the weeds and dont worry about it, really saves me some money... less mowing, less money in Fertilizer, less gas... less time.... get my drift.

DuaneW.