Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How many of you would vote for Arnold as Governor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:How many of you would vote for Arnold as Governor?

[quote author=PumpDaddy link=board=10;threadid=18248;start=15#msg171761 date=1060738669]
Momma just reminded me that I shouldn't be throwing stones, look at the 1.2 BILLION tax increase that we are facing in Alabama, and I voted for the fricking jerk. :'( :'( :'( :'( they are saying if your house is valued under $50,000.00 you won't have to pay any taxes. Can you spell SLUMS, if your "farm is under 200 acres, you won't have to pay any taxes, key word FARM, if it passes, I will have our 10 acres re-classified as a "family farm".
Somebody must have opened the Vaseline pipeline and it's flowing fast.
VOTE NO on Sept. 9th, and California peolpe please vote for someone that has the know how to START to change things
[/quote]

But you failed to mention the 10% sales tax on labor that is rolled into the package. How is it 10%? The paperwork mentions 4% but also mandates that the counties and municipalities will expand to include the tax. Alabama is not informed of this to a great extent and you have to have lived in a state with labor tax to understand how oppressive it is. You hire a kid to mow your lawn, he has to have a tax number, file monthly and charge taxes. He does not do this, it is assumed that he charged tax as part of the bill and he is guilty of theft of government funds for not turning them in. Been there, lived with it.