Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How many women owners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a lot of friends tell me I was never gonna find a decent woman driving an oil burning loud and proud 4 wheel drive truck. Said I needed a BMW or something high "class" like that.

Wrong!! The only thing I can say is that my wife looks darned good behind the wheel! She did tell me once that she honestly liked the 99 better before I put it up on 35's. Oh well, can't have everything I guess!

Now if we could just get Dodge to put together a real SUV with a CTD, the van would have to go.

Matt
Old 10-13-2004, 10:56 PM

Ahh Dusty that is too sweet. My dad and mom did a dang good job as far as I can tell, hehe. I guess it just never crossed my dads mind, that his daughter had to be any different than his son as far as what we can and can't do. I think all parents should raise their daughters very strong and self sufficient, BUT still with the womanly compassion that makes chicks amazing! Woman are awesome, and behind every great man, there is an even greater woman right?

I hope all you fellers find your own awesome diesel gal, because I am here to tell ya, Cummins chicks do it better!

-Amanda-
Old 10-14-2004, 02:35 PM

Amanda,

Your Dad is a wise man. It's still a man's world and you have to raise your daughters to compete in it.

I expect my daughter to do whatever her brother does, if that's what she wants. My wife used to get so mad at me for not cutting my daughter any slack "because she's a girl" That just peeves me hearing that.

When I'm working on something, she is right in the middle of it, getting just as dirty as I am...... And learning something.

What kind of man wants a little old helpless, frilly, I'm scared of work kinda woman?
Give me a beautiful corn fed girl anytime
Old 10-14-2004, 06:00 PM

Originally posted by pogorules
Amanda,

Your Dad is a wise man. It's still a man's world and you have to raise your daughters to compete in it.

I expect my daughter to do whatever her brother does, if that's what she wants. My wife used to get so mad at me for not cutting my daughter any slack "because she's a girl" That just peeves me hearing that.

When I'm working on something, she is right in the middle of it, getting just as dirty as I am...... And learning something.

What kind of man wants a little old helpless, frilly, I'm scared of work kinda woman?
Give me a beautiful corn fed girl anytime
AMEN!
I have a 1 year old daughter, and have already told the wife the following. "By the time she is 12 yrs. she will know how to mow the yard, so what if the mower is on the back of a tractor ( with close supervision of course). When she starts and is driving, I am not fixing her vehicle. I don't care if she says "The headlight does not work" or " It has a hole in the side of the engine". Either way, my response is going to be " Well go to the store and get these parts, when you get back, I will HELP YOU put them in. She is an only child, and Daddy's girl, but neither will keep her out of the dirt.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:43 PM

Originally posted by CMNS_gal_4x4
Wow, who is this chick? Do you know a user name? Not too many chicks drive diesels, let alone are into diesel performance.

Hey Got Smoke, I just need one good reason to move to TN, and I think I may have found me one, he just does not know it yet.

-Amanda-

I'd tell ya, but she broke her truck and said she'd beat me up if I talked
Maybe she'll chime in when it get's outta the shop...
Old 10-17-2004, 06:07 PM

Ahh Dusty that is too sweet. My dad and mom did a dang good job as far as I can tell, hehe. I guess it just never crossed my dads mind, that his daughter had to be any different than his son as far as what we can and can't do. I think all parents should raise their daughters very strong and self sufficient, BUT still with the womanly compassion that makes chicks amazing! Woman are awesome, and behind every great man, there is an even greater woman right?

I hope all you fellers find your own awesome diesel gal, because I am here to tell ya, Cummins chicks do it better!

-Amanda-
Wow, like those words ! self suffiecient, compassionate, great woman, oh almost forgot Cummins !
Hmmmmmm, Thats me Mr sweet, sounds like a candy bar Lets see what would the advertisement for it say ? How about "The ultimate candy bar, Tastes great, easy open wrapper, lasts a long time, affordable " Thought of some others but better not go there !
Old 10-17-2004, 10:08 PM

HAHA

You are easy huh? Lasts a long time? Ha, this sounds like a personals add, not a candy bar I could think of a lot of them too, but they would **** this thing down!!!

Amanda
Old 10-18-2004, 12:18 AM

I bet there are plenty women owners that know nothing of this or the other site. A gal down the road from me has one and uses it for hauling horses.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:48 PM

HAHA

You are easy huh? Lasts a long time? Ha, this sounds like a personals add, not a candy bar I could think of a lot of them too, but they would **** this thing down!!!

Amanda
Didnt mean to infer that I was easy, easy goin ya Anyway I would be interested in your adventure to Oregon. Sounds interesting. Did you mention you drive truck ? Also why three CTDs collecting ?
Old 10-18-2004, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know 2 girls that drive Cummins.

On is a 94 Regular cab Auto 4X4 2500 and the other is a I believe a 96 extended cab 4X4 auto 2500.Both are stock other than straight pipes but it's still cool to see them drive them.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:26 PM

Well i know of two. One being the ex GF. Its actually how i met her. Saw me pull up in what was the farm truck and we got to talkin and it was love at first sight, well after the smoke cleared from running the trucks haha. Then when the father died mother inhearited both of the diesel farm trucks. a 99 sport and 97. both of which she has today. wont sell them for nuttin Doees love my 04 though :P
Old 10-18-2004, 11:20 PM

I like to see chicks in Cummins trucks. There are just not too many around here. The ones I know drive their hubbys trucks when they can, but they dont have one of their own. I do NOT understand that at all. I would love a woman to come in the shop with her own truck, and ask for some performance, it just has not happened YET! But when it does, I will have found my new best friend.

-Amanda-
Old 10-19-2004, 11:30 AM

Woman are awesome, and behind every great man, there is an even greater woman right?

-Amanda-

i remember reading this somewhere online.

in some college class, a prof writes on the blackboard...
"woman without her man is nothing"
he asks the class to add puncuation
a man comes up and puncutates it his way
"woman without her man, is nothing"
a woman comes up and punctuates it her way
"woman: without her, man is nothing"

i guess it is just how you look at the situation eh???

i think the womens punctuation is better
Old 10-20-2004, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by scottrod
I'd tell ya, but she broke her truck and said she'd beat me up if I talked
Maybe she'll chime in when it get's outta the shop...
I can tell you're real scared there Sparky ... And no, it's not out of the shop yet.

And it was only 472...

Augusta
Old 10-21-2004, 01:24 AM

Originally posted by Augusta
I can tell you're real scared there Sparky ... And no, it's not out of the shop yet.

And it was only 472...

Augusta

Augusta's first post!!!!

Nice to see ya amongst tha living thar sweetheart!

Now what did do to that poor over-valved truck of yours?

Quick Reply: How many women owners?