Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How many golfers do we have here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really like, hate, like, hate, You get the picture, that game. Play at least once a week. Not a good golfer but I play.
Top's quote says it all.

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I am a bonafied "Scratch' golfer

I generally tee off and scratch my head wondering which way the ball went
Old 08-21-2005, 08:30 AM

Originally posted by tshikle
I really like, hate, like, hate, You get the picture, that game. Play at least once a week. Not a good golfer but I play.
Top's quote says it all.
You said it all too! It really is a love/hate thing with golf. You can have 17 holes of tree thumpin', brush whackin', sand diggin', scuba divein' golf and be ready to throw your clubs in the nearest lake. Then on the 18th hole you make this great shot that would put Tiger to shame and your ready to play another round.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by t-7 firefighter
Count me in.... though I don't take it seriously at all. My friends and I usually get kicked off the course because of our golf etiquette... or lack of.

Here is a little known fact. They Really don’t like it when you park the cart on the greens. Who Knew?

Britt

So what your tellin' me is;

You know your a redneck if you think a divot is a high class name for the ruts your truck makes while cutting hookers on the golf course.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:15 AM

Here is a little known fact. They Really don’t like it when you park the cart on the greens. Who Knew?

Britt

Being I am in the industry and maintain golf courses for a living we tend to go postal for that one, golf carts are a golf courses nightmare for their driver destruction and general turf wear, other than the revenue they create from people not able or not wanting ot walk a couples miles I hate them.

MOST..... people use their heads but there is one in every crowd.

J
Old 08-21-2005, 09:44 AM

Happy Gilmore right here! I like going out and playing golf even though I'm terrible! It relaxing.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Golf made interesting.......
http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/skeet_20golf

skeet golf
one person drives, the other shoots

There are a two possible incarnations of this sport: 1: If you have a buddy that likes golf (and you can stand this person's company), have the golfer hit drives while you attempt to pick the ***** out of the air with a shotgun. You might have to limit the golfer to a sand wedge to make this possible, unless you are an incredible snap shot. 2: Set yourself up quickly at a driving range with a 12 gauge shotgun. Try to shoot any ball that comes off the line. If people stop hitting *****, yell 'Pull'. You might have to persuade them with the gun to get the ***** going again.
I have yet to try either of these out. I'm guessing it will be much more challenging that those big, slow clay pigeons.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by Shovelhead
Golf made interesting.......
http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/skeet_20golf

skeet golf
one person drives, the other shoots

There are a two possible incarnations of this sport: 1: If you have a buddy that likes golf (and you can stand this person's company), have the golfer hit drives while you attempt to pick the ***** out of the air with a shotgun. You might have to limit the golfer to a sand wedge to make this possible, unless you are an incredible snap shot. 2: Set yourself up quickly at a driving range with a 12 gauge shotgun. Try to shoot any ball that comes off the line. If people stop hitting *****, yell 'Pull'. You might have to persuade them with the gun to get the ***** going again.
I have yet to try either of these out. I'm guessing it will be much more challenging that those big, slow clay pigeons.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:15 AM
JAF

I try to get out 3 or 4 times a month. Where I live has the most golf courses in Canada. There's almost 60 just in my local area.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:16 PM

Yep, took it up about 2 years ago for business reasons. I do enjoy it but I'm not very good. Played a nice course yesterday. On a typical day I score around 68...

then I make the turn!
Old 08-21-2005, 12:58 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally posted by greenworks
Being I am in the industry and maintain golf courses for a living we tend to go postal for that one, golf carts are a golf courses nightmare for their driver destruction and general turf wear, other than the revenue they create from people not able or not wanting ot walk a couples miles I hate them.

MOST..... people use their heads but there is one in every crowd.

J
I know where your coming from but you do understand that was a joke right???

Britt

Old 08-21-2005, 03:49 PM

I know where your coming from but you do understand that was a joke right???

Britt

Britt I could tell this whole thread was pretty easy going in nature I even laughed out loud about the rednecks divots, but there are suprisingly ALOT of people who slap there 100 bucks on the table for a cart and 18 hole of golf then suck back the beer and turn golf into a destruction game. I have pulled carts out of rivers, irrigation ponds (we had to get a diver in to hook the chain up it was so deep), Carts that hit trees, engines blown from governor tamapering the list goes on.What I basically stated was for every 99 people that obey the rules there is one that doesn't. I am sure people who "chase" the fire truck to get through traffic burn your butt too, or maybe getting to a fire and finding out the hydrant is blocked by a minivan and you have to route the hose through the vehicle windows..... hey wait that would be fun anyway you get the point.

Jason
Old 08-21-2005, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by greenworks
Britt I could tell this whole thread was pretty easy going in nature I even laughed out loud about the rednecks divots, but there are suprisingly ALOT of people who slap there 100 bucks on the table for a cart and 18 hole of golf then suck back the beer and turn golf into a destruction game. I have pulled carts out of rivers, irrigation ponds (we had to get a diver in to hook the chain up it was so deep), Carts that hit trees, engines blown from governor tamapering the list goes on.What I basically stated was for every 99 people that obey the rules there is one that doesn't. I am sure people who "chase" the fire truck to get through traffic burn your butt too, or maybe getting to a fire and finding out the hydrant is blocked by a minivan and you have to route the hose through the vehicle windows..... hey wait that would be fun anyway you get the point.

Jason
The only thing I've ever hurt on a golf course was myself/pride.

I went to retrieve one of my wayward ***** out of a supposed "dry pond" only to discover it was only solid about 5' out from the edge. The next step at 5' 6" got a little mushy but I was determined to get that new ball. The next step I went in up to my knees in what I can only describe as raw sewage stinkin' black gumbo mud. You know the kind that puts a death grip on ya. Mr. Flash and several other golfers (whom I hope I never see again out of embarrassment) formed a humane chain with Mr. Flash holding out his driver for me to latch on too. After a successful rescue and the location of the nearest water hose, I finished my round barefooted. Needless to say if my ball ever goes into a “dry pond” again it’s just going to stay there. I did get a new pair of golf shoes out of the deal, the old ones stunk so bad I had to trash them.