Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How Frampton did "Do You Feel Like We Do"

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frampton did a version of Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" that had some voice box in it ... WOW !!! Good stuff. I see that he is still doing something these days but sure doesn't look the same. I always liked his music style .... way back in the late 70's.

As a youngster, I used to listen to him, the old Aerosmith, KISS, Styx, a little bit of Zepplin and old Alice Cooper. I have been downloading as much of the old stuff as possible over the past month or so.

PISTOL
Old 01-17-2007, 02:37 PM
DTR Mom

Man, I feel old!

I am only 45 ish and worked at a recording studio for LOVERBOY, FOREIGNER,
TALAS, and a few others. Been in frampton's mansion near Bedford Hills, NY
with the Hells Angels (I was the nice one) best tour of new york City EVER!!

Classic rock- sheesh! played in a band 'till DISCO was all the rage, play disco or quit. we quit. this was when the FENDER telecaster came out.

you proved you went to a concert by the burned thumb....... I just bet everyone my age knows what I mean.

actually, STYX, KANSAS and BOSTON are seriously educated musicians. I always thought freddie Mercury and Queen were fantastic but these bands played more orchestral harmony in theory. yeah, I was a music major that got lost along the way to BEING OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 02:39 PM
DTR Mom

I Give uP!!!

okay, Begle1 - who is ENYA?
my son gave me an off color rendition, so I know that's not right.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
okay, Begle1 - who is ENYA?
my son gave me an off color rendition, so I know that's not right.
Enya is like a cross between Spinal Tap and Joan Jett that committed suicide and was reincarnated as a tree that bore absolutely no resemblance to Spinal Tap or Joan Jett.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Geico266
I'm not a real Frampton / David Bowie fan. Too out there for me when in this time fram you had great artists like Led Zeppin
I have a shiny new dime for the first person who can tell me how Bonzo achieved his famous drum sound on When the Levee Breaks.

no cheating, don't look it up on the interweb
Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

I do believe that he had the drums set up in a concrete stair well with no baffles and a couple microphones a few stories above him.

And, of course, by drumming in a way that no drummer has since approached.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Begle1
I do believe that he had the drums set up in a concrete stair well with no baffles and a couple microphones a few stories above him.

And, of course, by drumming in a way that no drummer has since approached.
as a drummer I'd have to agree, Bonzo is my second favorite, only to the great Carter Beauford, and only because I've seen DMB 20 times and never seen Zeppelin.

Bonzo died 2 years before I was born, but if Jimmy, Robert and John Paul decided to get back together I'd sell a kidney for tickets. Zeppelin was greatest band in the history of music IMO, but if you really want to be blown away go see Carter play.

Beauford/Bonham/Peart are my "big 3" with an honorable mention going to Hart/Kreutzmann.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Banned

Bonzo just sounds unique.

Kind of like how Clapton, Allman, Van Halen, Santana or Hendrix can pick up any guitar on the planet and be instantly recognizable; Bonzo (coupled with Page's production) always sounded like Bonzo. His drumming blows me away on every Zeppelin song around; he might not have been the most technically proficient percussionist, but as a drummer he added more to his band's music than any other drummer. Neil Pert's a good person to contrast him with; Pert is probably a better percussionist with all his cow bells and klaves and glockenspiel and what not, but he doesn't wail and flavor the skins like Bonham. (In my humble opinion.)

Zeppelin made the right decision by not continuing after his death.
And judging by everything they've done since, I don't even think I'd want to have my illusions shattered by seeing them on a reunion. After seeing their Live Aid performance, I stopped hoping for a reunion.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
you proved you went to a concert by the burned thumb....... I just bet everyone my age knows what I mean
i remember. i'm 49, grad high school '75. shaking off a case of CRS...
saw frampton at fox theater in atlanta about '75/76 or so.
omni in atlanta: ten years after, zz top, blue oyster cult, black oak arkansas, bad company
ga tech colisium: skynyrd about 75.
grant field: foreigner, heart, atlanta rhythm section, bob segar.
alex cooleys: kansas.
uga colisium (77,78,79): heart, marshall tucker, boston, skynyrd, bb king
...then disco, punk, etc took over...not much to see for awhile.
louisville gardens (84,85): sawyer brown, dolly parton/kenny rogers, hank jr. lacy j dalton.
chastain park atlanta (90s): foghat, bb king, johnny lang, robert cray, john kay(steppenwolf, this guy is in shape !!!!, he had to be 55+)
chips winder: liz melindez, donna hopkins, damon fowler, sean costello, lee roy parnell, dicky betts, tinsley ellis, chris duarte, ken rhyne, bill sheffield
..cant remember the rest, might have to pull out the old albums...
Old 01-17-2007, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Begle1
His drumming blows me away on every Zeppelin song around
You do own the "how the west was won" DVD, don't you?

notable: we're gonna groove, immigrant song, dazed & confused

you want to talk stage presence... just look at this guy: