Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How do I get a refund?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My drivers ed was 35 hours in class and 10 hours out driving. Once your done the drivers ed you have to have 35 hours of driving along with waiting 6 months, in those 6 months I think I completed close to 150 hours,but of course I always forgot to record my time so the day before I sent me stuff in I pulled out the calander and started righting time down from November-April.

Jeff
Old 05-01-2006, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by 12valve@heart
You want fun, practice backing a 4-wheel hay wagon. For real fun, try backing two of them hooked in tandem. Never did master that one completely.
I've tried that many, many times to avoid unhooking one wagon to turn around. A simple bend is plausible, but anything else is just torture.

bradnon.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:24 AM
JKM

Originally Posted by blackdiesel02
humm... send her to iker or someone of the like and im sure he could teach her how to drive. im sure they could find the time

We would need to get lker a drivers licence first guys!
Old 05-02-2006, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by JKM
We would need to get lker a drivers licence first guys!

where did he run off to?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
JKM

Not sure , but did you notice him and hoss dissappeared around the same time? Maybe we have a second case of hoss with a second identity...

JustoneofmeJKM.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Registered

are you saying that iker is the little kid in hoss? OR vise-a-verse-a
Old 05-03-2006, 05:04 PM

There are two things I cant do while behind the wheel. one is back a four wheel tounge wagon (for those who dont know, picture a big version of the "little red wagon") and the other thing is I cant drive a slolom in reverse with a trailer.
i had to do that when i did the qualifications for operating the service truck at work.. truck is a c3500 cab/chassis with 10' service bed on it. service trailer [holds ~60 gallons treated water & ~60 gallons engine lube oil] is a little pup trailer tandom axle. when driving straight, you can't see it [you can see the shadow in the right light] that is a pain to backup, and was a pain to do the reverse slalom in it too [but i passed the qualifications with flying colors]..

The teacher actually told me that I couldn't answer anymore questions because it made everyone else look dumb.
when i was in school, my fuel systems teacher basically told me that too.. he didn't like that i nailed 100% on all his tests and stumped him a few times too [he knows his stuff too, he wrote the textbook we were using]
Old 05-03-2006, 08:51 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

When a guy in our shop renewed his CDL, he had to take a road test that the final task was to back thru a slolum with a day cab and a 53' trailer.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:48 PM

Hoss is really Iker who is actually Kasey Kahne.... Javaluva likes Kasey so she actually likes Hoss who is really Iker. Bob is actually the one responsible for the thong picture and Jack is behind the whole conspiracy.

Is everyone confused now... I know I am
Old 05-03-2006, 10:50 PM

Oh yea, I had no problem with drivers ed. I suggested that the manuverability cones should be closer together...
Old 05-04-2006, 11:37 AM

Time for stage 2. She can't learn without some more practice. Get some cones and go to a parking lot and have her practice. Hell, you can just go to the empty part of a parking lot and have her back into the same spot 10 times.

I can feel your pain- trying to tech someone to back in a trailer can be just as frustrating.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by durasmack
Oh yea, I had no problem with drivers ed. I suggested that the manuverability cones should be closer together...
The guy that administered my driving test offered to let me use his long bed crew cab ford to take my driving test. I declined due to the fact that it would have made parallel parking more difficult than it need to be. There just isn't enough room to put one of those in the little bit of space they give you for the test.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by JD730
The guy that administered my driving test offered to let me use his long bed crew cab ford to take my driving test. I declined due to the fact that it would have made parallel parking more difficult than it need to be. There just isn't enough room to put one of those in the little bit of space they give you for the test.
If the CTD was registered up here I would be taking that,but it still has PA plates on it. The only reason for that is, being it is DRW the 2ft from the yellow line rule is waived,and the parallel parking is easy becuase I was told with a bigger vehical the find a emptyt spot with either one car or none and also since their is no "gotta be so many inches form the curb",you need to have the back tires up against the curb on the DRW... I have opted to take my test in are 93 Cavalier 'Vert since I was told I can take the test with the top down,Which helps since my head hits the roof and I can't see out the little back window,....

Jeff