Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How can you stop them from stealing your truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys i got a question about the jimmi jammers, i have a 06 dodge 2500, i got the jimmi jammers with part number 072205 rev A and they do not work, when you go to tighten the lock cylinder the small bend at the top of the plate keeps the cylinder from going all the way forward to sit flush in the handle.

what revision did you guys have to get?

http://www.jimmijammer.com/Dodge%20R...ion%20page.htm

if u look at the link mine looks like the 3rd pict down
Old 01-31-2008, 06:39 PM

Heres a question for y'all..... When I set my vehicle alarm and if I have the window down and I reach in and unlock the door then open it the alarm goes off. Then with the alarm still going off I start the vehicle and it starts... but on 2 seconds it shuts the vehicle back off again. Is this a stock antitheft system or did the previous owner have an aftermarket alarm installed? And whether if this is stock or not does this seem it would work from this happening. Thanks fellas
Old 01-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
sounds aftermarket.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by bansh-eman
guys i got a question about the jimmi jammers, i have a 06 dodge 2500, i got the jimmi jammers with part number 072205 rev A and they do not work, when you go to tighten the lock cylinder the small bend at the top of the plate keeps the cylinder from going all the way forward to sit flush in the handle.

what revision did you guys have to get?

http://www.jimmijammer.com/Dodge%20R...ion%20page.htm

if u look at the link mine looks like the 3rd pict down
do you have lock cylinders on both front doors?
Old 01-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Chapter President

03ram are talking about the Ravleco you have has 2 wires coming out the back? or a differant setup?

i sent a message to the local guy tonight about pricing it out. its kinda bs becasue they advertise military discount, and the price he gave me not knowing i was active duty was the same price he gave me last month with "military discount"

you can't even see the wires coming out of the Ravelco. They are shielded by a steel conduit that go thru the firewall.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:16 PM

cbrahs..... do you think that it would keep car jackers from hotwiring my truck tho? If not I am gonna look into the Ravelco you are talking about.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Chapter President

if it only has 2 wires then you could cut and twist and drive off. there is no redundancy in that system. It only kills 1 circuit unlike the ravelco killing 3
Old 01-31-2008, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
if it only has 2 wires then you could cut and twist and drive off. there is no redundancy in that system. It only kills 1 circuit unlike the ravelco killing 3
K. Can you PM with some details and possible prices for the ravelco? Thanks!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Chapter President

pm sent...............
Old 01-31-2008, 09:08 PM

do you have lock cylinders on both front doors?
there is only one cylinder on the driver side.

so this is the only door that they can open by popping the lock on right? there isnt even a use of putting them on the other 3?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Chapter President

you have the wrong kit. I have them for mine (still needs to install them) but I bought all 4 doors. they have kits for the rear doors as well. do all 4 doors, it only takes about 15 minutes per door (depending on the amount of beers drinkin)
Old 01-31-2008, 10:03 PM

you have the wrong kit. I have them for mine (still needs to install them) but I bought all 4 doors. they have kits for the rear doors as well. do all 4 doors, it only takes about 15 minutes per door (depending on the amount of beers drinkin)
do u have an 06? if so which revison do you have? i called them today but the guy that makes them was out of town, he gets back tonight and is suppose to call me in the a.m. i got them from the dodge dealership who is a distributor and these where the only ones they had. whats bs is the lady today told me yea you can send them back and send us 5 dollars for shipping. i was like im not paying for shipping becasue you have 6 revisions for my truck. you need to make sure that the dates on the packages corespond with the right truck. i guess we will see what the guy says tomorrow when he cals me back. if they want me to pay shipping im ust going to take them back

as far as the rears go, why do they need plate if there is no cylider? is it cause they can access the bar that goes to the plunger on the top of the door seal to get in?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Chapter President

Sorry for not getting back with you Bansh last night. I was in school and sneaking in some forum time and after school i went home and passed out.

this is the kit i have and I believe is the kit you may need.

Kit PN 072210 Revs E, F, G is shown to the left.

you only have 1 lock cylinder and I know it sucks because they have so many revisions. I still have to install mine and you do want the rear plates because of the rod that actuates the latch.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:20 AM

i got my jammers today, one question, i have a 4 door. but the cylinders or only on the front doors. so is it possible to breakin the back door by popping the handle in any way? or are the rers lock completly electronic controlled
The cylinders aren't the target for jimmying, it's the rod linkage that connects to the manual unlock button on the top of the door panel. The theif sticks a screwdriver under the entire door handle and makes a gap, and then grabs and pushes up that rod linkage, unlocking the door manually. The Jimmi Jammer plate restricts their access to that linkage.

I put them on all 4 doors of my Quad Cab. The rear doors were much easier to install than the fronts.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:54 AM

i got ahold of Steve at Redline Technical Group, Inc. (thats who makes the Jammers) and i have to say he is AWSOME! he told me to send back the ones i have and he is going to swap them out. Plus he found out that i was active duty and he is going to sell me the ones for the rear for 10 bucks off and he is paying the shipping back to me.

A+++ customer service!!!

so ill be getting all 4. i was thinking of getting the gate lockers too, not sure if i will or not but either way he only was going to charge me 20 bucks for them

Quick Reply: How can you stop them from stealing your truck