Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: how big is your TV?
31 and below
23.96%
32 and up
15.97%
40 and up
23.00%
50 and up
37.06%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

how big is your TV? why? does it matter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tbarbee1
sattelite TV... productivity around my place came to a grinding halt.
Originally Posted by qwest
Can't vote , There's " No TV " choice
i agree with you guys. if my wife plops down in front of the TV, no matter the time, her day is over.

i hooked some old computer subwoofer speakers to our bedroom radio, and now i turn it on LOUD, and she can hear it in the kitchen, laundry room and bathroom. so she cleans and listens to the radio pretty good.

but if i forget to get the radio on, she hits the TV and the couch.
and it's a wasted day.

main reason i haven't broke down and got a better TV, then i will end up watching too, just to justify the cost.

the Poll results are pretty interesting. lots of frugal people, and lots of big dogs.
i guess, if you can afford a "big dog" truck, you can afford a "big dog" TV..
Old 12-14-2007, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
42" 720p plasma, HD-DVD player, Sony surround w/Polk speakers. My wife and I enjoy movies. If we wait a little while after the release, they come out on HD dvd and we can enjoy them in the privacy of our home. No noisy theaters with sticky floors, dirty seats, expensive snack bars or the expensive fuel to get there and high dollar ticket prices. It's like the difference between sleeping in my own queen sized bed in my RV, towed behind my diesel Dodge or sleeping in a motel room when we travel........no comparison.

Home theater is the bomb!

Old 12-15-2007, 07:10 AM
Chapter President

I really don't know and ain't gonna measure it. We bought a brand in 1995, 20 something inch and my little brother when visiting put a magnet to the screen. It died about a year and a half ago and my sister gave us her old....again...something tv that's 20 something inches of brand whatever.

I don't watch sports, their to busy doping, tossin money around strip clubs and dog fighting and getting paid pretty darn good for it. Not to mention beatin wives and a host of other things.

I watch the outdoor channel on Wed nights for the gun shows, was watching "The Unit" but the whinny writers in Kalifornia have taken care of that. Other than that I may rent movies every couple months....sometimes once in 6 months.

Forcing me to HD in a few years??? What they talkin' bout?? My tv still works and I ain't buying a new one just because somebody got a wild hair up their............

I've seen the hd's lcd's or whatever they are at smiley mart, great picture, not worth the $$$$. I can see that kinda picture just by walkin' out my front door.

Different strokes for different folks, I put no priority on it and if the darn thing died today I'd be in no hurry to buy another. We went without a microwave for over a year when our last one died and my sister visited and gave us one for christmas or something, said "you guys, how can you live without a mcrowave?" It's easy....

Going without tv would be easy, what about weather, news and blah, blah blah. Weather is easy, when I wake up in the morning if it's raining...well, there you have it. Cloudy and dark...might rain. It's actually quite simple and don't need the guy in the suit to tell me. News...spend 3 hours a day commuting and radio is still free.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:46 AM

61" Samsung DLP HDTV(1080p) - Found it on sale at Fry's Online and it rocks!!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:56 AM

27" CRT Sony WEGA in the living room (3 years old)
27" CRT Sharp in the bed room (8 years old)

Moving into a new house after the first of the year and may upgrade to a 42-50" LCD/Plasma. Current cable service has very limited HD support so a HD TV is kind of pointless here.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:32 AM

Don't have a TV. Where do I vote??? Haven't had a TV for 3 years. Don't need it. I'm tired of watching John Wayne movies that I saw when they opened (before reruns), ever see a super model candidate on a real CSI team. Most of them would be better suited to your worst dream. haha Since the MLB news lately there is another sport (one I particularly loved) that I will have little time for. I have a thing for drugs and sports.

and the list goes on.

You can get the same news on the computer....I waste most of my time there instead. haha

This group is 1/2 my life so that's as good as it gets. haha

Old 12-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bentwings
This group is 1/2 my life so that's as good as it gets. haha

im sorry

brett
Old 12-15-2007, 02:12 PM

I'll buy a new one when I have to I guess. I have only had Sat. with DVR two years now, before that it was vids only. I work 16/6's from mid April till mid Nov. so don't see much then record a few but usually get supper sit down for a meal and a show, then crash till the alarm goes off. winter I usually have it on if I am up...mostly ambient noise and really enjoy Sirus since I don't get radio out here either.

For all you TV/DVR smart people out there...see my new post...don't want to hijack this one