Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Honeymoon Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:28 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's an alternative you both may like.
http://www.mackinac.com/
Old 03-14-2004, 09:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If you go to Cancun DON"Y DRINK THE WATER! NOT EVEN ICE CUBES! Bottled water only, or alcohol!
Old 03-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally posted by Mexstan
I agree with everything Top said except for one thing. A good marriage is a 50/50 deal. A GREAT marriage is a 60/40 deal. Each partner puts in 60%. So, as he said, you need to start off by doing the right thing. Compromises work great as long as each partner respects the wishes or desires of the other and is willing to compromise just that little bit more. Be willing to back down to 40%. So spend some time on a beach with your new bride. It will pay off later for you. At another time maybe she will be willing to go where you want to go. You have a long life ahead of you in your new marriage, so don't try and do all of it on your honeymoon.
Sorry wrong number...
How does one determine 60%?
Give 100%, the best marriage both give 100% and enjoy the benefits and know the difference between compromise and sacrifice. And if one is unable to give that 100% the other will have to sometimes go beyond.
We all know where we get our Strength from.

Anyway, thats just my thoughts on it after my uncle was living at our house when I was a kid. I asked him why he was at our place and his reply was he was tired of giving 60% and only getting 40%.
I asked him how he knew that and I got a real perplexed look.
Then I asked him whats wrong with each giving 100%. He smiled, called my aunt and went home.

Just recently Megs and I were trying to figure out our wedding plans...the great Scotty had the solution.
We would drive down to May Madness and spend a few days in Sedona... as she has always wanted to go there, plus we would take a scenic route down and then get married in Vegas!

We had some difficulties determining a place to get married, how I was going to squeeze in the marriage with May Madness going on etc etc.
Why the heck would I try and do that? That day needs to be a special day. Seperate from business! DOH!
Anyway, we put the marriage off to next February and we are planning to go to Hawaii as we have never been there and we have been to Mexico and the tropical islands. Megs mentioned her dream of being married on a tropical Island and that made the plan.

By the way, My aunt and uncle will be celebrating their 31st wedding anniversary this year.

I still thought it would be cool to have a 100 Ram Diesels smoking down the strip though.