Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Honeymoon Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon Ideas

Help,

My fiance and I are in a dead lock of what we are going to do for our honeymoon. I want to drive our truck and trailer to Disneyland in Florida, she wants to take an all enclusive resort thing. I don't want to blow a bunch of money on this trip, and I hate beaches.

Where did you go? How much was it? and what did you do there besides?

Thanks Procrastinator
Old 03-13-2004, 07:52 PM

Old 03-13-2004, 08:00 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
I presume you want to start your marriage off properly. Right? The take some advice from a married man. Don't force your wants on her. If you do I predict that you will live to regret it big time. Have you heard if histrionics? If not, then you are about to learn!
Take her to the all inclusive resort she wants. Cancun is great and you don't have to spent much time on the beach. There are all sorts of other things to keep you busy. Like a bus trip to Xcaret where you can spend a whole day. Take a beginners course and learn to scuba dive in a couple of hours and take a dive or two. Take a boat ride to the island of Cozumel. And much more.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:10 PM

Happy wife = happy life.

You know what to do.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Muted User

Take your orders from headquarters!!
Old 03-13-2004, 09:27 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

I forgot to add; "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". If you learn this lesson early you will be happy.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:30 PM

If you have the money, about 5 Grand go to Hawaii and do a 2 Island trip. It will be the best money ever spent and will align you for an Anniversary Date later in life.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:27 PM

Are you both settled on Disney World, and it's just the decision on where to stay, and what to stay in? If so, I'd stay just outside the park. It gives you the freedom to go the other attractions in the area. If you are at odds on where to go, ........... I'd suck it up, and do the beach thing. Aurba, any of the Divi Resorts. One hedonistic week will do the body good!
Old 03-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Chapter President

FIRST, do want she wants!!!!!!! Your life will be easier for it.
As bad a time as you can have don't equal squat to an unhappy wife.

Second, You'll get your chance in the future to impress your choices, don't do it on this one.

I just got back from Hawaii (10th anniversay) it was pretty darn good.

No beaches for me, they tend to get out the harpoons or the "greenies" try to send me back into the channel.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:13 AM

Spend the money on new wifey, trust what everyone here is saying and do what she wants. How bad can the beach really be, just get really dark sunglasses and enjoy. We did a cruise and it was absolutely the best vacation ever, no need to worry about restraunts, hotels, cars, only worry about where to find the next adult beverage stand.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:26 AM

If you don't want to spend a fortune you can do the beach thing in Costa Rica it's pretty quiet down there and not too bad on the pocket. Try the pacific side at either Flamingo or Cirillo (Guanamar Hotel) Great beachs and a Tiki bar overlooking the ocean. Great Sailfishing If you like that type of thing.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:39 AM

Head to CANCUN, great trip for the money. I would recommend to stay in playa del carmen gets you away from all the night life of the city of cancun, it give you a little of that mexican heritage. Great place to stay.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
One thing to consider here, is that you are setting a precedent on how the future of your partnership will play out with your Honeymoon.

You want to end up in the best relationship possible where neither party bosses the other around, and you make decisions that work the best for BOTH of you.

This should be an equal thing for both of you, so sit down and discuss this with your Fiancé, maybe you can come to a compromise that will work out better for both in the long run.

Far too often people just "Do what she wants" and then it becomes something that is thrown back in anger, if she doesn't want to let you do something later.

Start off on a happy note, discuss your feelings and work it out, you want this to be a good memory, and a GREAT start to your relationship.

No bosses, just equal partners in everything you do
Old 03-14-2004, 08:56 AM

I agree with everything Top said except for one thing. A good marriage is a 50/50 deal. A GREAT marriage is a 60/40 deal. Each partner puts in 60%. So, as he said, you need to start off by doing the right thing. Compromises work great as long as each partner respects the wishes or desires of the other and is willing to compromise just that little bit more. Be willing to back down to 40%. So spend some time on a beach with your new bride. It will pay off later for you. At another time maybe she will be willing to go where you want to go. You have a long life ahead of you in your new marriage, so don't try and do all of it on your honeymoon.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
How many times do you plan on getting married and having a honeymoon? Make it one to remember "within your stretched means." This is not about you - - - or her - - - it is now "us."

A cruise is really neat for a honeymoon. Nothing to do except be waited on and enjoy one another. No truck to wash, no trailer to hookup, nothing to fix. Just go, eat, ???????, enjoy.

Quick Reply: Honeymoon Ideas