Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Honda Accord- Unmarked CHP

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Accord- Unmarked CHP

Coming home on Highway 85 south yesterday, and I saw a Gray Honda Accord, heavy tint on all windows. It had flashing red and blue tailight additions, and a red and blue spot in the front window where the passenger sun visor would normally go. If those two front spots were not on, you wouldn't have known it was the CHP...they are getting good!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:13 PM

Great, ricer patrol units. Probably only room enough for a leash in the back, goodbye cage. Whats next...

Thanks, I'll be in a funk for weeks thinking about the CV line eventually going away.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:15 PM

Even worse than that. I saw a cop riding a crotch rocket in Dallas. That was impressive. Cops now can take vehicles that were used in crimes, and make them their own. Its either Dallas or Plano PD that has a Viper and quite a few other pricy vehicles that you would never expect. Still don't like police tho

But hey, at least they are gettin away from the V-8 gas hogs
Old 11-01-2007, 08:16 PM

Pennsylvania State Police have a Mustang SVT Cobra that was confiscated in a drug bust that they use for a high speed pursuit vehicle. Fire-engine red with the stripes on the side and a light bar. They've also been outfitting a mess of brand new Dodge Magnums with all the bells and whistles. (I drive past the PSP main barracks everyday.) But there were probably 10 or 15 unmarked Magnums sitting there.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar440_6
They've also been outfitting a mess of brand new Dodge Magnums with all the bells and whistles. (I drive past the PSP main barracks everyday.) But there were probably 10 or 15 unmarked Magnums sitting there.
Those fleet boys are trying to run that game on us here. That magnum has it's place in law enforcement circles. In my experience it is generally a crack rental being chased. I really like my CTD, I curse the magnum as a patrol unit.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
When I was in high school, I had a 83 z-28 with an 82 vette motor in it, with some mild work done. None of the cop cars could catch me until they got a 97 caddliac sedan de ville, and had chevy soup it up. They got it from some drug dealers, and they put "donated by the drug users of Okeechobee county."

That thing was FAST...
Old 11-01-2007, 10:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, the NorthStar was one of the faster engines I've romped on...
Old 11-01-2007, 10:50 PM

they are using alot of chargers out this way. fairfax county has a black chevy ss pick up and a ford dually they also use from time to time.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by kevellis32
Cops now can take vehicles that were used in crimes, and make them their own.
My friend "donated" his car to our local boys
Old 11-01-2007, 11:03 PM

Theres a small town cop around here that was donated a brand new BMW suv. The markings on the side are just slightly lighter than the color of the car so you have to get real close to actually tell its a cop car. Looks pretty sweet, but its just not right.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:49 AM

Dalworthington Gardens (a small suburb of arlington) police has a 2006 pontiac GTO as one of their patrol cars, but then again those guys do nothing but write tickets all day everyday.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:07 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Even worse than that. I saw a cop riding a crotch rocket in Dallas. That was impressive. Cops now can take vehicles that were used in crimes, and make them their own. Its either Dallas or Plano PD that has a Viper and quite a few other pricy vehicles that you would never expect. Still don't like police tho

But hey, at least they are gettin away from the V-8 gas hogs
hmmm, must have had a run in or two. Go figure.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
"None of the cop cars could catch me "

Thats funny. I bet thier radios could. One call and a roadblock was all they needed. It was rumored around here that the DPS has a specialy built Mustang setup for big highway speeds. It was said they kept it on the roads out of town and called it in when needed. Nobody ever saw it though.

I have seen a Dodge Magnum in town the the Brazos County Sheriff's office uses. i've talked with the cop that drives it. it's a confiscated drug users car.

I had a V10 Ram years ago when they first came out that got stolen. The local DPS tried real hard to get possesion of it. Now that thing would run. I;'ve heard since that the V10's in those turned out to be crappy and it was a good thing it got stolen.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I lived in a small town, if you were pointed in an out of town direction, you were good... 2 min to the county line. I knew most of the cops, my uncle was a cop, and I hung out with most of them growing up. I had crusiers pull up to me at lights wanting to race...

I know about the raidos tho...

(I am not promoting racing or running from the law, btw... )
Old 11-02-2007, 09:21 AM

Still don't like police tho
Why's that?

Quick Reply: Honda Accord- Unmarked CHP