Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Homer or Seward??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homer or Seward??

For those of you who are in the know, if you could choose to live in either homer or seward, which one would it be and why???? I might have to choose.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would take Homer, right by the coast, great fishing, close to Anchorage, road in and out, the Seward Peninsula is pretty isolated. Im just about 2.5 hours south of the southern tip of Alaska, and it been a few years since I was up that way, maybe some one else will jump in here and give a little more info.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seward. Homer is a very, very small town literally on the edge of the ocean without a lot of support activities unless you're a fisherman or a drunk. I like to visit Homer for a few days at a time, and the fishing is great, but Seward is an actual town, with more to offer than bars and boats.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:43 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the hundred years war was a very good book, but then again Homer has antiquity behind him, and the whole greek mythology thing. I guess I would go with homer. Classics are always a good bet. The Iliad is a very good read, although somewhat long, but personally I think well worth the time to read it.

Oh crap, never mind...