Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Holy Cow!! My county is NUTZ!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad news for me and my wallet....

Well, I was looking around at the county website and vehicle values are taken from the NADA guide from January of each year. My truck was still new at that time so this pertains to me...
The assessed value of automobiles, trucks, and vans represents the average trade-in value obtained from NADA or from the NADA car value guide. New vehicles not listed in the January NADA guide are assessed at 90% or 95% of the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) depending on model year.

Looks like I am screwed!!

I am taking donations for the "Help Dodgezilla pay his ridiculous property tax bill fund". Cash, Checks, and PayPal are accepted.
Please add a 3% handling fee for paypal donations.... Donations may or may not be tax deductable. Donations of less than $25.00 will be assessed a cheapskate fee of 5% which will need to be paid immediately. Any donations of $50 or more will recieve a thank you card signed by the one and only Dodgezilla. Any monies over and above the actual tax bill will be the property of Dodgezilla and Dodgezilla's truck and they will do whatever they want with it including buying new parts for the truck or putting fuel into it. Dodgezilla is a registered trademark and should not be confused with Dodgezilla04 or 05Dodgezilla which are imitators and should never be mistaken for the original, the one, the only, TRUE Dodgezilla. Allbeit the poorest of the Dodgezillas, and YES, the slowest of them too.....
Old 08-24-2008, 12:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I am taking donations for the "Help Dodgezilla pay his ridiculous property tax bill fund". Cash, Checks, and PayPal are accepted.
Please add a 3% handling fee for paypal donations.... Donations may or may not be tax deductable. Donations of less than $25.00 will be assessed a cheapskate fee of 5% which will need to be paid immediately. Any donations of $50 or more will recieve a thank you card signed by the one and only Dodgezilla. Any monies over and above the actual tax bill will be the property of Dodgezilla and Dodgezilla's truck and they will do whatever they want with it including buying new parts for the truck or putting fuel into it. Dodgezilla is a registered trademark and should not be confused with Dodgezilla04 or 05Dodgezilla which are imitators and should never be mistaken for the original, the one, the only, TRUE Dodgezilla. Allbeit the poorest of the Dodgezillas, and YES, the slowest of them too.....

Funny Mike! Creative too...

I have seen some try to imitate the "TexasCTD" name too...

Check is in the mail.....

Old 08-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Property Tax on a vehicle.... I think I would pop a blood vessel or something. I guess we are lucky here in Louisiana, only property taxes we have to pay is on your home and land... and you can homestead exempt that for up to 125,000 dollars....

Now sales tax is a little high at 8.5 percent but.....

Registration I thought was rediculous... first time I register under a heavy duty plate, but 75 bucks a year I can live with as long as I dont have to pay property tax on my truck, rv, atv, wife, kids etc.... lol
Old 08-24-2008, 03:21 PM

So, is your check in the mail too blake.clark???? Two checks would be a good start.....
Old 08-24-2008, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Two checks would be a good start.....
my check is in the mail. don't be concerned that it's from a Nigerian bank and the amount reads $1.8 million. please keep what you need, and send the rest to my P.O. Box in Guam. much thank you for matter in this assistance.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
That's crazy!!!! Property tax on a vehicle, what in the world... I have a $480,000 house here in Alberta and my property taxes are $2700.00 per year. I don't even want to ask what you guys pay for insurance on your vehicles...
Ditto that!!! I guess life up here aint so bad.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:09 PM

When I was staioned in Virginia I bought a brand new 92 reg cab 4x4 F150 from Beach Ford. Paid what I thought was a very low sales tax at time of purchase. Since I was military I was exempt from the personal property tax and still got my city sticker. When I brought the truck home to Texas and registered it they charged me the difference in sales tax at the time of original sale.

Texas does not have a state income tax. Last year in combined property/school/county taxes I paid $6139.00 on a property appraised at $246K.

If we all compared notes on what we pay in taxes, regardless of what they are called, I'd guess the percentage per dollar earned is the same.

Current tax system is draconian compared to the "tea tax" that got the ball rolling.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:18 PM

WOW. I never knew there were states that tax you on vehicles. If that were the case here on OH., When my truck was near totalled, I would have left it that way and drove it. HA VALUE THIS MR TAX MAN !!! And to think of having to pay yearly on my 2 boats that haven't hit the water in 2 years I think NOT.

Some cities around here are getting hit hard because the tax values of homes are droppin causing them to lose alot of tax dollars.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
County/city/schools eat me up. Nearly $4/yr on a $131K house for taxes and and insurance. It costs me a little $$$ to keep the 10 acres in the country tax exempt, but I still save $$$ by doing it. Also pay an 8.5% sales tax, $87 a year for truck registration, $1500/yr for truck insurance and about $15/yr for inspection. After all of this, I have $12/week left for diesel and beer.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:26 PM

Yup. They get you one way or another. We pay 5% sales tax on everyday stuff but we do only have to pay 3% on vehicle purchases so in the end I will have paid about $2500 in taxes for this truck for year 2008. Man! I wonder if it was worth it!?!?!? It is a great truck so far so maybe it was.....
At least I will be able to write this off when tax time comes around...

I just checked the donation till and it's still empty. What's up around here????
Old 08-24-2008, 04:48 PM

There was some money in the donation box, BUT i was taxed so many times that you now owe for negative equity.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:58 PM

Oh crap. I will sending your some monies but I can only sending you double that amount and will wanting to for you to send me a half of it to my account once you are recieving of it..
Old 08-24-2008, 05:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Texas State sales tax is 6.5%. This is what you pay when you pruchase your vehicle. Local taxes add another .5% to 2% on top of that. Paying the 6.5% keeps everthing equal and keeps people from driving to another city to buy vehicles. Property taxes are rediculous. We are currently buying a new home. That along with the two (smaller older homes) will give us a tax bill near $9K with an insurance bill equal to that (including auto). No property taxes on vehicles or anything else unless its used for business.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:47 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Hey Dodgezilla..... how much do you need? Just print these out and give it to them.
Holy Cow!! My county is NUTZ!!!!!!-monopoly-money.jpg

By the way, I need 1 dollar per page printed to cover applicable fuel surcharges, Great Eastern Maritime Excise Tax, Future Fossilization of Zoo Animals Tax, The Horse to Glue Fund, and the ever popular Electronic Funds Transfer Tariff.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Mike,
SOMEBODY has to pay for the increased costs incurred by the PW law enforcement for the crackdown on all those "terrorist" Hispanic day-laborers......

Quick Reply: Holy Cow!! My county is NUTZ!!!!!!