Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hilarious Traffic Stop Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 08:18 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
We took out a protective order against the goat for the lady... and the chickens
Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My father-in-law was a VA State Police road trooper for 32 years. He has a tape of a gentleman that had called 911 from a phone booth in Roanoke I think. He had stopped on the side of the road and picked up what he thought was a dead deer. He put it in the back of his "Cady" and headed down the road. A few minutes went by and the deer woke up! He got out of the car and called 911 and asked for help cause the deer was tearin up his brand new upolstry. You'd have to hear the tape!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:56 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
RC,

That is funny. I have a copy of that tape.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I know which tape you are referring to. The one he has isn't of "Joe" and the deer where the deer bit "Joe". The tape he has was from sometime in the 70's. The guy on his tape is going crazy wanting someone to bring a gun to stop the deer from tearing up his leather seats. I personally think the "Joe" tape isn't real.

He does have a goat story to. He was patrolling a mountain road outside Roanoke when a car was coming in the opposite direction at a high rate of speed. The car stopped suddenly and a lady ran over to his cruiser. She was yelling that a goat was trying to "Kill" her. My father-in-law thought she was high on something and proceeded to get out of his car when a large billy rounded the corner and proceeded to chaise the lady around the car. He put the goat down and the lady thanked him repeatedly!

There was another time that was somewhat animal related...VA had just issued new radar units sometime in the late 70's or early 80's. He was pulled into a cross over late one night and started getting a tone. He looked up and the radar said 143mph. He put his car in gear and got ready to start the chase when his CB keyed up and one of his buddies yelled over the mike "shoot low boys, they're ridin shetland ponies!!!" Needless to say he didn't pursue his trooper buddy since he was rolling around on the ground laughing outside his cruiser!!!

He was also the trooper that shot the bear on I81 that's carcass still adorns the halls of the city history museum to this day.