Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

HEY TEXAS!!!!! What you think about this Trans Texas Corridor???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think that's been done before. You can probably go visit the former property owners who have tried it in prison and use their experience to take a different approach.

I agree that the whole imminent domain thing really stinks though. I think if they're going to MAKE you sell your land then you should get at least TWICE the fair market value for it.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I'll be sitting on the front porch with a shot gun and I'll shoot every single one of them. That's just my .02.
As Hoss says, you'll lose. Better to learn about the eminent domain process and make it work to your advantage wherever you can.

Rusty
Old 06-07-2006, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They had their little meeting last night....well it actually was just a community meeting. One of those Nonpolitical get-togethers to push political views on you. I don’t mind getting information on the thing…but my Wife said that it was basically a waste of time. No real good info on what is going to happen. Just how people felt. I want more info to choose how i need to feel!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:59 AM

Don't get me started

This is the biggest land grab that has ever been seen before. This trans Texas corridor is the biggest farce since Clinton "dipped" his cigar. Rick Perry and his band of cronies are selling the citizens of this great state out to a foreign government. The corridor enterprise will control all business that springs up at its various entry/exit points. It will control the hotels/motels, gas stations, eating establishments and every thing that goes along with travel down its length. It will be a toll road in which all of the monies taken in will go into the pockets of, I believe, a Spanish owned entity named Cintra.

All of this crap was sneaked through legislation as rider bills, in which the people of Texas had no clue of. It will split family owned land, prime hunting land and farmland.

This is a ridiculous move by the government without getting approval by its citizens

AFUMINGHOTGARY
Old 06-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Living near a major metropolitan area, I can see the need, but have to question the who's and the ways and means.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:51 AM

hey gary, u and i also gotta worry about tx99 runnin in our back yards
propsed "grand parkway"
Old 06-07-2006, 02:22 PM

again dont get me riled up

Derek,

i have known about that travesty for a long time too. I moved to where I am at to be out in the stix. Then comes along the "Grand Parkway Plan". That thing will be 1.5 miles north of my house and about 1 mile east of me, I'll get double the road noise from that thing... I guess it's time to start searching for new home turf, before the mud starts getting poured for that hiway. It's a shame how Houston just keeps setting up freeways to loop the loop which loops the loop..... . With all of the loops that will go around Houston, it kind of makes one wonder if the powers that be are not just chasing their tails....

BTW, how is your new job going. Did ya have fun in the training??? Learn any new cattle prod tricks....LOLOL JK

Garygettinoffhisboxagain
Old 06-07-2006, 02:36 PM

i dont know the current plan for the parkway but a key map from about 10 years ago shows it about 1/2 mile from my house to the north
Old 06-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hoss
I think that's been done before. You can probably go visit the former property owners who have tried it in prison and use their experience to take a different approach.

I agree that the whole imminent domain thing really stinks though. I think if they're going to MAKE you sell your land then you should get at least TWICE the fair market value for it.
Your probably right but if I go down, I'm taking someone with me. They will remember the day they tried to take my land.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:36 PM

Your probably right but if I go down, I'm taking someone with me. They will remember the day they tried to take my land.
yeah but will anyone remember in 5 years? you'll be sittin in a 4x10 cell while everyone involved has done forgot about it.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Banned

So be it. But those 5 years they'll remember it. I am deathly serious about this. I will kill anybody that tries to take my land from me for a freaking road. And if I do do it the legal way, I will sabotage absolutely everything they try and do on it. Think I'm bluffing?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:57 PM

Please try some fiber in your diet!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So be it. But those 5 years they'll remember it. I am deathly serious about this. I will kill anybody that tries to take my land from me for a freaking road. And if I do do it the legal way, I will sabotage absolutely everything they try and do on it. Think I'm bluffing?
BigBlue's shotgun against, err, the Texas National Gaurd. They'd probably want you to take a stand with a shotgun, because that way they can just call in a tank and not have the need for a bulldozer.

Can you name me anybody who has changed the course of an imminent domain ruling by taking a stand with a shotgun?

Anyways, if you do want to make a stand, I have some nice 12 gauge sabot shells that are more than capable of going through a few vests... How about $50 a box?

Last edited by Begle1; 06-08-2006 at 08:57 PM. Reason: To remove Wanna's edits that removed the name calling.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned

Might take ya up on that.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Think I'm bluffing?
I don't think you're bluffing, but I do think your bark is worse than your bite.

Blue...they'd take one look at your chicken legs and they'd all fall on the ground laughing.

Just kidding, partner. I agree that the whole idea stinks but there are better (and more effective) ways to go about fighting it than with firearms.

Quick Reply: HEY TEXAS!!!!! What you think about this Trans Texas Corridor???