Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

HEY TEXAS!!!!! What you think about this Trans Texas Corridor???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEY TEXAS!!!!! What you think about this Trans Texas Corridor???

I dont know what to think....but i did get a letter in the mail saying that my land/house/shop in Gainesville, TX might be needed to be sacrificed for the sake of the highway......honestly...im going to be selling it soon to relocate up here in MO....but what does this do for me trying to sell the house???!!! SOO....what are others thoughts on this........Should I try to hold out and see what they are going to offer or just try to sell it??!! This could have not come at a worse/better time……just depends on how you look at it…..and how soon they start to buy up land……
Old 06-06-2006, 01:49 PM

from the tiny bit I've heard - it will stomp on a lot of people (like your house) have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way in between exits. Sounds like a cool thing that could end up a P I T A.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:51 PM

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont.../04-06/ttc.pdf

IM up there at the top........
Old 06-06-2006, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the map-link. That big turd goes RIGHT THROUGH the land I am getting ready to move to...
Old 06-06-2006, 02:43 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, eminant domain is supposed to pay "fair market value"......

HA!

You never know though.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:06 PM

http://www.keeptexasmoving.com/publi...06%20Final.pdf

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.1d51651.html

Here is some more links
Old 06-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it takes the Gainsville route, it looks like it will swing south on the north side of Mckinney and miss me by a few miles. In that case, all it will do is raise m taxes.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:34 PM

They are going to have a meeting in Gainesville tonight...and my wife and neighbor will be there. I will report what they have to say.....WHY DOES IT HAVE TO FALL ON 6-6-06..........
Old 06-06-2006, 06:25 PM

Looks like another great route for drug runners and illegals. Plenty of busts around here on I-80.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
The worst part, buying up a quarter mile wide section of land to put a road on. Then maybe put some railroad tracks and other pieces on, but that will all be down the road. It's going to end up looking like parts of I-45 between Dallas and Houston. Can even see the opposing lanes because of the wide ROW.

Luckily, they decided closer to Austin was better than running it through Giddings.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting. The projected path goes right over the top of my parents' and grandparents' place in northern Ellis County. This is the first I've heard about it.

Being that I just moved to the Austin area, I'm not too thrilled about it coming so close to Austin either. Unlike most people, I'm not a huge fan of growth. This area is too crowded as it is. That would just make it worse.

My first thought is that this would be a monumental waste of money.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:35 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I think in the Austin area, it's supposed to get close or match up with the proposed Texas 130. Not sure on that, but I think that was part of the reasoning behind moving it closer to Austin.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by bmoeller
Looks like another great route for drug runners and illegals. Plenty of busts around here on I-80.
bad thing is, it starts in laredo, which is the most dangerous place in texas right now
Old 06-07-2006, 08:02 AM

I have been following this for a while now and while i dont like the idea of growth, i do agree that something major needs to be done or else Texas will be one big traffic jam in 10 years. I am from the Houston area, so i am not exactly in the path, but folks i know are pretty upset about it being on the east side of 35 between Austin/Dallas. I think it is a pretty big inniative and as I already said, something major does need to be done, but thats going to tear up a lot of rural areas but also keep a lot of people working.

http://www.governor.state.tx.us/prio...ransportation/

Trans Texas Corridor

The Trans Texas Corridor is a new vision for transportation that leverages the resources of the private sector to build roads faster, cheaper and with fewer taxpayer dollars spent up front for construction. It combines roads, rail, utilities and energy pipelines into a single corridor that uses less land than traditional methods of expansion. And it will boost our economy by creating hundreds of thousands of jobs, save commuters time with speed limits up to 85 mph, take hazardous cargo out of our most populated areas, provide for passenger rail between cities, and significantly reduce air pollution. The U.S. Department of Transportation has said that the Trans Texas Corridor is helping make Texas “a national example for all states” when it comes to innovative transportation solutions. Gov. Perry has consistently opposed converting existing roads into toll roads, and in 2005 he signed a law that prevents that practice unless local voters say otherwise.
Read More about the Trans Texas Corridor here: http://www.governor.state.tx.us/prio.../ttc_factsheet
Old 06-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Banned

Personally, I think imminent domain can kiss my behind. I think it's crud that the government can just come in and take my land and pay me their oppinion on fair market value. To bad that price doesn't include my time, sweat, blood, and personal feelings on it. Let the government come and take my land. I'll be sitting on the front porch with a shot gun and I'll shoot every single one of them. That's just my .02.

Quick Reply: HEY TEXAS!!!!! What you think about this Trans Texas Corridor???