Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

hey scotty I need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey scotty I need some advice

I need some advice on this

George Foreman USB iGrill

Cooking For The Web Set

The low-fat, high-bandwidth solution to your networked cooking needs is finally here. The George Foreman USB iGrill conveniently connects to your home or office PC using USB 2.0 technology, and provides a sophisticated web-based cooking interface.

Download recipes, enter in the type of food, weight and desired degree of doneness, and the iGrill handles the rest. Did you know that a medium rare 1/4 lb. hamburger made from 80% lean beef takes 1 minute and 45 seconds less cook time than an identical patty made from 95% lean prime Black Angus? The iGrill does. As your meal cooks, the subtle glow from under the unit increases brightness and pulses faster until your meal is perfectly done.

Running late at work? Need to get dinner on the table? It is easy to warm up the iGrill from any internet connection. With a little advance planning, your meal can be ready when you get home!

Using the USB current to directly charge high voltage capacitors, the iGrill does not require any additional power supply, making it perfect for dorm or office cooking.

big pic

so scotty you think this will work on the road with my laptop ...........I wonder how long till it drains the batteries

I hear rumors of a cordless version coming too ;D
Old 09-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re:hey scotty I need some advice

Geez, this is all old technology.

:
I had a prototype running with my Commodore 64 that outcooked the competition.

The new units have a programmable memory chip for your favorite and most common meals. Theres a solar powered unit for the tree huggers. ;D
Theres one that runs off of an Espar heater.
Theres yet another one that runs of off waste product butt [pun intended] the sales stink.
One that is real cool is the Gas powered pull start unit that can be a multi fuel unit.

Your laptop will love the new Infrared models and the power consumption is lower then a Yugo at 60 MPH.

Old 09-15-2003, 11:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that thing Big Mac compatible?
Old 09-16-2003, 01:26 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeesh, you gotta be kiddin' me? Internet enabled? Let your burger patties sit on the grill all day long, rotting away, and then fire that sucker up over DSL? Does it know that Fuzzy the Cat knocked it off the counter? Does it have a setting for 'House - Lean - Well Done'?

Stick to the Hamilton Beach, boys. It won't promote salmonella, and it might not burn your house down.

Rod