Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hey DieselDude4x4.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Hey DieselDude4x4.

I also have a 91 Mercedes 190 I'll sell real cheap if you know anyone looking for a good car that needs trans work. It runs like a top but the trans is messing up. I just tuned it up and got more new parts laying on the floor for it.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The front suspension looks good. The floorboards are not rusted through or anything, infact their pretty solid. I am not sure how the 2-speed works ???I've never looked that closely at it, I'll check it out and report back. The trailer I hauled it on was only 102"wide and it fit with a few inches to spare. I don't know anybody who is looking for a MB but if I hear of anybody I'll let you know. If you don't like that carb set-up why I don't I just pay you a little boot and I'll give ya the truck and the intake and keep the carb and you can set it up however you think would be best. I can unload and load it with the 4600(thats how I loaded it when I bought it). I was really suprise how the thing ran when we had it going. When I bought it, it was sitting under a tree for a few years and we took it home and put a battery, cap, rotor, and a coil on it(sombody decided to borrow them and never brought back ) sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb for fire, hit the key and it fired up imediately. It'll run great as long as you keep spraying the carb cleaner in it, but once you stop it dies. We found that a fuel line fiting that wasn't even hooked up but the old carb was in such crappy shape thats where we stoped, But if you get a good carb on it it'll run great. I coudn't believe how that ol 318 just sat there and hummed after not being touched for so long. Thats why I like the old stuff, even the biggest problem on one of these is pretty easy to fix 8) what do you think, $200 boot? That ought to give you enough for a decent used carb ???
Old 01-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Can the fuel line be hooked to the carb just to get it running?<br>(rubber fuel hose or whatever) Don't go to all the trouble to change out the mainfold.<br><br>I got a good working Quadrajet on this old police fury here if I go to four barrell. Not sure a four barrell would do much without more cam to handle it anyway. That old carb has the governor housing on it if I remember right (should be on the bottom under the carb). I would like to rebuild that and keep it original. They use to be governed out at about 3800 on the ones I drove in the past.<br><br>I'm not real worried about the money exchange. If you get it running just long enough to drive on the trailer and around the driveway a little, till I get it fixed and it stops, we will just call it even. I bought the 60 RC tractor with the intention of restoring it but my R and my 730 need work before I can start on the 60 RC anyway. The pony is locked up on the R and I need to pull the fuel system off the 730 and get it checked out.<br><br>I'll take $1200 for that 46 Farmall H in front of the 60 if you know anyone that wants a red machine. It was just completely overhauled and the sheet metal is perfect on it. Will need tires and wheels all around though. I have a brand new exhaust manifold in the box for it also.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

DD, that is gonna be sweet when it's restored. ;D
Old 01-16-2003, 05:01 PM

Ok, I braved the frigid temps and walked out to the barn. I might(and I really stress the might part) be able to get the truck to run at an idle with the carb that is on there. This old 2-barrell needs rebuilt bad. I can try to get er going but like I say, I don't think it is going to happen with that carb. One of my of guys is really good at it but he is swamped and told me he just can not rebuild it right now due to lack of time. Like I said, it might run at idle but with the cold temps I don't think it will run with out all that other stuff on the carb working right, if it was summer it might run but it is in the low 20's today :'( :'( :'( Like I said, I'd be willing to give you a couple hundred and the truck and I'll get it on your trailer with the 4600, and then all you'll have to do is roll it off when you get home and roll it in your garage, slap on a new carb and your set. : ???
Old 01-16-2003, 05:05 PM

Shovelhead, your right that truck will be dam neat after a little work. I'd like to keep it but I am really more interested in old JD's than old Mopars. I just had to rescue it though because I thought it was such a neat and rare part of Mopar history. You just don't see those things anymore. I'm glad a guy like DD is going to get it cause he has the mechanical knowhow to make it really nice. 8)
Old 01-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Got anybody that can swap the carb out?
Old 01-17-2003, 07:54 AM

We've been real busy in the shop. I might be able to get it done if I had one? ???
Old 01-17-2003, 09:00 AM

Wait, wait, wait. I'm confused, you know I confuse easily Do you mean put the 4-barrell on there or put a different one on there? ??? Or I could bring you the truck as it sits and give you some some parts for your CTD of your choice. Heck I don't care whatever you want to do I just really want that 60 8)
Old 01-17-2003, 09:32 AM

DD4X4 and Luke<br><br>Used to use the old JD's growing up. Nothing like the sound of an old 2 cylinder working away on a warm spring night. <br><br>There is a JD restoration company south of me you guys that run the old green machines might be interested in.<br>It is K and K Antique Tractors. They specialize in 2 cylinder JDs. Website is www.kkantiquetractors.com<br>They pull their tractors as well in the antique pulls around the midwest.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Administrator

[quote author=Luke S link=board=10;threadid=9683;start=30#93120 date=1042815650]<br>Wait, wait, wait. I'm confused, you know I confuse easily Do you mean put the 4-barrell on there or put a different one on there? ??? Or I could bring you the truck as it sits and give you some some parts for your CTD of your choice. Heck I don't care whatever you want to do I just really want that 60 8)<br>[/quote]<br><br>I meant swap the one out that is on there to keep it stock. That would be easier too.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:10 AM

I would do that if I had one but I don't. That was my original intention but after a lot of looking I could not find a decent used one :'(Thats when one of my mech's brought me that 4-barrell set-up. What to do ??? ??? ???
Old 01-17-2003, 11:19 AM

I'll tell you what DD, let me try and work on the one that is on there. I will have a little time next week. Let me try to make it run half way decent, if that is possible with that carb : Just don't do anything with that 60, I must have it. I'm not much of a mechanic but maybe with a little luck we can make it run with what we have on there now, who knows. ??? I'll talk to you next week about it, Unless you want to trade for it the way it sits and some greenbacks$$$ 8)
Old 01-17-2003, 11:26 AM

Luke and DD the little Carter's were stock on all 318's and are really common, should be able to pick one up remanufactuered for less than 150 US. If this is not possible use the factory 4BBL intake and a Carter 625 AFB (manufactured new now by Edelbrock) as they were easier to set and had less problems than T Quads. The 318 does not like gobbs of fuel and electronic ignition is easy to put in as the distributors are identical and all you do is add the control box. Big block 318's (semi-hemis aka polysherical heads)last year was 1967 and the engine in the truck should be a 318-3 truck block, very reliable and economical engine. PK.
PS nothing runs like a Deere except your cheque book at there parts counter, AHH keep feeding it green to keep it Greene ;D
Old 01-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Administrator

[quote author=P Kennedy link=board=10;threadid=9683;start=30#93174 date=1042824399]<br>Luke and DD the little Carter's were stock on all 318's and are really common, should be able to pick one up remanufactuered for less than 150 US. If this is not possible use the factory 4BBL intake and a Carter 625 AFB (manufactured new now by Edelbrock) as they were easier to set and had less problems than T Quads. The 318 does not like gobbs of fuel and electronic ignition is easy to put in as the distributors are identical and all you do is add the control box. Big block 318's (semi-hemis aka polysherical heads)last year was 1967 and the engine in the truck should be a 318-3 truck block, very reliable and economical engine. PK. <br> PS nothing runs like a Deere except your cheque book at there parts counter, AHH keep feeding it green to keep it Greene ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Funny you should mention that P. I had just sent Luke a PM saying if that was the original engine, it should be a 318-3. Sounds like we are thinking alike.

Quick Reply: Hey DieselDude4x4.