Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

hey cattle haulers .. ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey cattle haulers .. ??

how do u guys charge for picking an animal up and delivering to an auction, also from the auction to the owner ??? is there a price difference from horse to cows ?? im thinking about getting a trailer and doing this in my area ( lots of amish ) but im not sure how it all works. tried to talk to a few of the local guys but no1 wants to talk about it... thanks for your help, scott
Old 10-17-2003, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:hey cattle haulers .. ??

Dieselcrazy,
I believe they had a qustion like this one not to long ago. Do a search for hot shot or commercial drivers or cattle haulers using the search button (top of page) and see what comes up. I looked into around here in Texas and will have to wait. Too much of an initial investment for me. Theres the CDL liscence, a bunch of insurance, trailers, gas tickets for each state you drive in, DOT stickers and special plates. I went to the DMV sites and others for my state and then looked to the guys here for some advice and it looks like too much for me right now. I think if you are a owner operator who gets in with a company for the gas tickets, liscencing, certifications, DOT stickers, logs and whatever else may be cheaper for you. Hope that helps some. Good luck
Old 10-17-2003, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:hey cattle haulers .. ??

when i haul stuff i charge by the hour if local45.00 and out of local its by the mile. right now 1.50 depends on fuel prices. the dot requirements usaully dont go into livestock unless you are over the 26k weight. Was a guy on this site called cattlehauler from kentucky and thats what he did . Haven't seen any post from him lately so i dont know where he is now. You need to check about health papers on the animals when you haul them espacially horses