Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Heritage Warranty Insurance extended warranties?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heritage Warranty Insurance extended warranties?

I know, I know. Extended warranties again? Aaah! I really (and I mean really) need to know if any of you guys have had ANY experience good or bad with Heritage Warranty Insurance warranties? Wife already bought one from them and she has 60 days to rescind.
Briefly here’s the dilemma. Father-in-law died a while back and left wife a beautiful 2002 Buick Park Avenue. Today it has 30k miles and the 3year/36k will expire shortly. Wife wants to buy 7year/100k bumper-to-bumper from Heritage instead of GM to save $1100 and their claim that they cover some things GM’s doesn’t. (I wonder if GM's covers anything theirs doesn't)
I don’t wish to discuss the whys and wherefores of extended warranties, just experience with third party warranty providers especially Heritage/Royal Service Contracts from other owners and hopefully also from some service techs perspective as well.
Since I'm the one who has to deal with service techs, I want to make sure she's not shooting me in the foot, or wallet, or both. Right now she's all ears and paying close attention to what fellow DTR readers offer, so let's hear some experiences.
Thanks,
Nat
Old 01-08-2005, 09:37 AM

Nobody? Anybody? People on another forum seem to like them...
Old 01-08-2005, 10:51 AM

know nothing about them. i have had DIRECT WARRANTY on my last four dodges and they have been great! In fact the deisel i am driving know they have put nearly as much into repairs for me as i paid for the truck.
they have even replaced the power window plastic switch plates and the Plastic dash cup holder, my dealer said he has never worked with an extended warranty company, including the one the dealership sells, that is as good.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:17 PM

Thanks Herb, It helps to know there are some credible warranty providers out there. Any idea if Direct Warranty is the same as Warranty Direct? And if they're underwritten by a company I might recognize? Heritage claims on the phone to be one of the oldest and most trusted by owners and dealers alike. I just wish I could find someone who has one or has done service on a vehicle with one.
Nat
Old 01-08-2005, 02:02 PM

sorry, guess i am dislectic today

http://www.warrantydirect.com/index.asp

i do not want to sound like a salesman for them but i bought my first policy from them in 1997 and have only been denied one clain out of LOTS , that was for a trailer towing mirror . Had it been an electric one it would have been covered.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:20 AM

Searching the web I discovered more disgruntled customers than happy ones with Heritage warranties. Terms like "buyer beware" convinced her she made a mistake. A couple were real nightmare stories. So she'll be rescinding the day she receives it in the mail.
Thanks for the help,
Nat
Old 01-09-2005, 08:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by natstayl
Searching the web I discovered more disgruntled customers than happy ones with Heritage warranties. Terms like "buyer beware" convinced her she made a mistake. A couple were real nightmare stories. So she'll be rescinding the day she receives it in the mail.
Thanks for the help,
Nat
I would not waste your money on an extended warranty.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:36 AM

sure hear a lot of negatives about extended waranties. guess i just got lucky when i picked mine, one of the best investments i ever made
Old 01-09-2005, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by Geico266
I would not waste your money on an extended warranty.
I appreciate that comment Geico266 but...
Are you saying you don't need them in Nebraska? or just not on a Cummins Ram? I'm talking about a car that was given to us. Talk to me.
Nat