Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Heads up to Texas P/U drivers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While your "Get out of the system everything that you put into the system", Big Boy concept sounds great in theory ... in reality, it isn't practical.

Each month you donate $ XX.00 to the SS system. Over time this would build up alright, however when you rack up your car or motorcycle, on life support and end up on the receiving end of the SS check .... I guarantee that your doctor bills will far exceed the measley amount that you donated to the system over the years.

I'd rather see my money payed out to assist people who at the very least took the minimum precautions to ensure they were protected in the event of a crash instead of the "liability" who chooses to ignore the LAW and still expects me and millions of others to pay for their negligence.

Seems immature and inconsiderate to expect that of someone else .

PISTOL
Old 05-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Banned

Yip. That is why I have life and medical insurance. So you all don't have to pay. I'd expect the same courtesy from everyone else so I don't have to pay.

EOD.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My brother rolled a very big four wheeler over backwards and the handle bars hit him right across the bridge of the nose an crushed his face real bad. He did have a helmet on and it was completely destroyed in the roll. As bad as it was, the doctor said had he not been wearing it, he would not have been in the hospital at all. He was still there for several months and had to have major reconstruction but the helmet gets credit for saving his life by absorbing most of the impact.
My mother had a good friend get killed who was wearing her seat belt. Her friend in the same car did not have a seat belt on and walked away from the wreck. The cop tried to give her a ticket for not having the seat belt on and she had a few words with him as you might imagine. There is good and bad in everything, it just depends on the circumstances at the time.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:39 AM

i just find it amazing how many other people want to run my life. if you want to be a socilist go and leave me alone.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:01 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by gunracer1
i just find it amazing how many other people want to run my life. if you want to be a socilist go and leave me alone.
I suspect that you will find that nobody really wants to run your life, but if what you are doing affects others and your actions (or non-actions) untimately causes tax payer money to be spent to rectify any problems you have caused, then does not that give the goverment the right to step in and do something?
Or are you saying that it is your 'right" to be able to do what you selfishly want to do and not worry about who picks up (and pays for) the pieces.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldude4x4
My mother had a good friend get killed who was wearing her seat belt. Her friend in the same car did not have a seat belt on and walked away from the wreck. The cop tried to give her a ticket for not having the seat belt on and she had a few words with him as you might imagine. There is good and bad in everything, it just depends on the circumstances at the time.
when i was younger my cousin wouldnt wear his seatbelt because he said he knew a girl who was cut in half from her belt. i was too scared to wear mine for about a year
Old 05-25-2006, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
I suspect that you will find that nobody really wants to run your life, but if what you are doing affects others and your actions (or non-actions) untimately causes tax payer money to be spent to rectify any problems you have caused, then does not that give the goverment the right to step in and do something?
Or are you saying that it is your 'right" to be able to do what you selfishly want to do and not worry about who picks up (and pays for) the pieces.
so you are telling me you have a right to whine that i ride without a helmet. even though i have my own insurance and if i did get in a bad wreck it would help the overall economy by putting a alot of people to work. and they would in turn be taxed on that money that would go back to the goverment. it doesn't hold water sorry man you need to mind your own business.

if you are worried about tax payer dollar you need to pick up something that is much more responcible than this. take up something like gay men, i think there helth care cost is like 5 or 10 to one of straight men.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:21 PM

so you are telling me you have a right to whine that i ride without a helmet. even though i have my own insurance and if i did get in a bad wreck it would help the overall economy by putting a alot of people to work. and they would in turn be taxed on that money that would go back to the goverment. it doesn't hold water sorry man you need to mind your own business.

if you are worried about tax payer dollar you need to pick up something that is much more responcible than this. take up something like gay men, i think there helth care cost is like 5 or 10 to one of straight men.
When your stupidity takes our trained medical technicians and emergency staff away from more life threatening problems, happening to those that didnt blatantly ask for it to happen, sure.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:30 PM

what a line of bs, face it you can't fix stupid but your ignorance may be curable. if you want to save money get ride of all the free loaders that don't pay their way. and if by some miracle evey one stoped having accidents this county economy would collapse.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:33 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Sorry gunracer1, but with your bent, your answer just does not justify a response from me other than this. I am tempted to, but I can see already that I would be wasting my breath.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vearing off on tangents we don't want here.

phox