Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Have you ever

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Have you ever

Ok, so took the fam out to dinner tonight. sitting there chattin them I got this sudden urge to stand up and yell REALLY LOUD

IMMIGRATION!

the longer we were there, the more wound up I got.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What you really wanted to say was

La Migra!!!

That way all of them would have scattered like roaches
Old 07-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I think your KOMODO MOBILE has a short in it and its shocking your Depends.
You need to get that looked at.

I can get riled up sometimes about certain things I see around me. I have to be careful what I say and where I say it.

I think I.N.S. real loud from the lobby might be more effective.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Scotty
I think your KOMODO MOBILE has a short in it and its shocking your Depends.
You need to get that looked at.

I can get riled up sometimes about certain things I see around me. I have to be careful what I say and where I say it.

I think I.N.S. real loud from the lobby might be more effective.
I swapped the 9v to lithium ion batts so the power is greater. someone crossed over some wires on my seat and a wet depends shocked the chort hairs lol. still wound up. I think I am going to get some shirts made up to stir up some people.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hear you loud and clear... Looks to me like you just can't wait to get back to Idaho.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrahs
Ok, so took the fam out to dinner tonight. sitting there chattin them I got this sudden urge to stand up and yell REALLY LOUD

IMMIGRATION!

the longer we were there, the more wound up I got.
Not saying they weren't, but I've seen folks look down their noses at Wifey while shopping in a store or a car dealer (she's Hispanic from Peru) until I walked up beside her.
We don't 'dress-up', jeans and a t-shirt is everyday wear.
I've seen salesmen avoid her in a showroom while car shopping, and on a couple of occasions watched them go when she paid cash for a new car.
Hispanic-Looking or Spanish-speaking doesn't always equal 'Illegal', or poor.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Not saying they weren't, but I've seen folks look down their noses at Wifey while shopping in a store or a car dealer (she's Hispanic from Peru) until I walked up beside her.
I've seen salesmen avoid her in a showroom while car shopping, and on a couple of occasions watched them go when she paid cash for a new car.

I agree, Unfortunately the bad majority set the standard of judgment for all. I take it on a person by person basis, sadly enough where I work its mostly negative. But people don't call 911 to invite us to supper, so I guess its job specific exposure that creates my perceptions both good and bad.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:42 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
I agree, Unfortunately the bad majority set the standard of judgment for all. I take it on a person by person basis, sadly enough where I work its mostly negative. But people don't call 911 to invite us to supper, so I guess its job specific exposure that creates my perceptions both good and bad.
In 10 years of answering 911 (don't anymore fortunately), I never got hung out to dry by segregating the calls for interpretation. If they sounded distraught (balling woman for ex.) they got interpretation. Some guy with attitude using 911 as a speed dial instead of emergency and demanding I learn HIS language... he got 555-1212. and this is your only warning for calling without an emergency...
Old 07-19-2011, 06:53 AM

So we were in walmart this weekend in worthington MN, and my sister and I were walking down the isle, and she says" not to sound racist but there are alot of mexicans here". Which I reply its due to the meat packing plant(hormel I believe). She then asks if they are legal, which I said "yell INS, I'm sure you won't make alot of friends"
Old 07-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Chapter President

Ed, being down here for so long, you can pick the ones that are and are not out from a mile away. This was one of those occasions.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Yeah... I actually saw that happen one night in Beaufort at a great mexican restaurant... They backed the paddy wagon up to the back door, then came in the front. Self loading, only one dude left in there.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My husband will echo your post above. His wife is Hispanic. But DH says I'm an Oreo and act more redneck than mexican (we grew up with Catholic Polaks ). 5th generation Texan according to our last trip through the family tree (over Easter actually). He absolutely LOVES going to the dealership with me. He gets a real kick out of the little Mrs dropping the hammer on the sales guys.

Oh, I have been know to say 'There are a lot of white people in here' I have also said 'There are a lot of meskins in here' too. I go both ways

Yeah, you can't judge a book by it's cover. We've all done it. We've all had it done to us. It took DH being treated that way by some Japanese when we were stationed there for him to realize what racial (likely nationality) discrimination was like. He didn't like it.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi Ed. You made a good point or points there. The assumption puts everyone in the same basket. It happens up here a lot too.

There are some folks here that live off the system and there are folks here that fend for themselves...pay cash.

It does not matter what color, race or creed...we all have good and bad.

Chris has been electrocuted, he has lost his perspective with his life because of the realignment of his brain cells. Poor guy. Thinks his Lithium batteries will help.

BAM!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:07 AM

Went to a local restaurant a while back, not known foe speedy service in the first place. It was taking longer than usual for our food to show up. Asked the server what was taking so long and she told us the only one in the kitchen was the owner because they were visited by INS earlier that day.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:15 AM
DTR Mom

Talking

it is the way people act, with me. not skin color. too bad others don't see it that way. yeah- definitely Shorts- go to another country to live on the other side of the mirror.

adopted here. black foster parents in tennessee tobacco farming until 1960s said "no interracial care". opposite of the South where integration was forced.
my NY adopted parents were german and foster parents themselves. man, we had Chinese, Mexican, Polish, Russian, kids all through the house. we ate great!!! lived through race riots in Buffalo despite no restrictions to them, they were just supporting the brothers down south. weird. exposure is key.
parents who teach you the Bible,work ethics, manners and charity is the foundation that is sorely lacking in what I see now.

travelling through this great country, I am too stupid to be scared by folks not liking the color of my skin. I eat and sleep where I want. and treat folks with respect. and I speak spanish.....

I have a bias against folks who think they are better than anyone else, and want me to change to their beliefs.

scary is the border warfare, with only a few profitting while everyone else loses. That stuff has to be stopped cold. Ranchers getting killed, drug running, 30 relatives living in one 700 sq ft apartment. hospitals that don't have room for paying American citizens. and on...
on the admin side, it shouldn't take 14 years to become an American citizen either, when patiently waiting for the system to admit them.

bottom line, no free rides!!! no criminal activity!

we can only control our reaction to others, not them.

CHRIS! hey man, electro shock makes it better!!! you just mellow riiiiigght ooouuuutttttt zzzzzzzzzzzz

Quick Reply: Have you ever