Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Has the world gone mad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats brutal...my heart goes out to her and her family.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:14 AM

The world is going nuts, A little over a year ago there was a horrible double murder in a small town near mine, In Minto NB. A older gentleman went over to his younger neighbour (nutcase) and asked him to turn his music down. Later that evening he snuchk in and murdered the gentleman and his wife, decapatating them both and cutting them up with a chainsaw. The scaruy part is that he crossed the us Border into Maine with Bloddy boots, a bloody chainsaw, and an axe. And trust me he wasn't innocent looking to say the least.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:47 PM

Has the world gone nuts? in a word YES. My heart goes out to that family, I couldn't even imagine. A few years ago my new girlfriend (who is now my lovely wife) got ran off the road by her jealous X ....he then walked over to her car and pulled out a sawed off 12 ga and shot her. Luckily the idiot used a very light shot that was slowed way down by the tempered glass and she (barely) survived. Crazy people out there. This is why I never get into an altercation on the road...you never know who you are dealing with!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:58 PM

Another case for a good old fashioned public hanging.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:24 PM
DTR Mom

Talking

Most of you can identify with some horrific tragedy; and by all means-
thoughts and prayers are with that girl's family and friends.

Having retired from the gamut of law enforcement (including prison guard at Attica, new york) and playing judge for the last seven years-

the mire is lawyers and our legislature that allows the diffusion of the Courts. self employment we say as there never is a shortage of either.

no, they will be specially protected in prison just for the asking and at a cost triple the usual offender.

Know BIGBLUE fella, that the girl's memory lives on and makes us all stronger. the power of the survivors (painful) makes things happen (feel better for the sex offender laws, amber alerts, domestic policy of seperation that night for police to use their discretion) the REAL people, with common sense still continue to get the right things done. please have faith, it does work out!

molest my kid? I have a tracking dog and a backhoe.......

the best never rest! can't wait to see your millionth post!!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Banned

Millionth post huh? Yall must really think I have no life.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:18 PM

tyler, this isnt the girl from sugarland is it? the two boys were trying to flee to canada and got caught in minnesota? sorry to hear about your sister's friend. makes me real concerned when i hear about my 18 yr old sister going out. if something like that ever happened to her, there would be 2 funerals and an execution for the local people to go to.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Banned

Yup. That's her. And believe me buddy, I'm feeling the same thing you are about my 18 year old sister going out. And my sister goes to some bad joints because she can and won't listen to anybody about the dangers of the real world. And trust me, if that was my sister in the casket, then you'd be hearing about me on the news instead of those two other SOB's.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Banned

Sorry for their loss... And for seeing it affect you. People like that just make me sick.

OT- Is your sister getting over her problems/did you ever try to talk to her like you were wanting to? Maybe this can help her see that there are a lot of bad people in this world, at least help her to be careful...
Old 07-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Banned

I've tried, my parents have tried, her friends have tried, she just won't listen. Whenever we bring up the subject she just gets right in our face and lashes out at us and goes and does whatever she wants. It's really a very scary ordeal.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Banned

Sorry to hear that. I hope she gets it out of her system before something bad happens to her.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Just one word for why they did it...... DRUGS!!!

Street drugs are EVERYWHERE!! Even in nice, quiet little communities. ALOT of folks thing marijuana is a harmless recreational drug to play around with. This "may" have been true back in the 60s/70s, but today's SHHIITT is potent as hell!!! It KILLS a person's motivation not counting the brain cells it kills!
Old 07-19-2006, 05:57 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

My heart goes out for her family! We always ask why are people killing people. There are so many sick people in this world!!! You would think this would wake your sister up. I wish you luck on that!!!! It's just not drugs anymore if you do the slightest little thing on accident to someone and you better watch out because you don't know what's gonna happen.Like I said before I wish and hope your sister will wake up.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by CIN'S DODGE
My heart goes out for her family! We always ask why are people killing people. There are so many sick people in this world!!! You would think this would wake your sister up. I wish you luck on that!!!! It's just not drugs anymore if you do the slightest little thing on accident to someone and you better watch out because you don't know what's gonna happen.Like I said before I wish and hope your sister will wake up.
I agree, people don't need drugs to be crazy, although crazy + drugs is worse. Alcohol, for some people, makes them crazy. I've seen drunk people do some crazy s***. Blue will agree, I think. Anybody that has been in college in Texas ESPECIALLY a big school knows what just alcohol can do.

And Blue, as far as your sister goes, some people have to learn by their own mistakes and sometimes not even then. Calling them out only makes them angry because they don't want to be told what they need to do, whether they agree or not. I'm the type of person who doesn't like to be pushed into ANYTHING. I diddn't respond to peer pressure because if you pressure me I won't do it just to show you I won't. Granted I'm more mature now, but I was kinda the same way. When friends die or go to jail it makes you think. I diddn't necessarily go to "bad places" but there really aren't any here in west Texas. She will hopefully get over the "I can do what I want when I want and nobody can tell me what to do" stage soon.

These kind of situations suck. I hope everybody learns from this.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Last thursday one of my sister's dear friends went missing. 3 days later they found her shot in the head and buried 2 ft down in a construction site about a mile from where I grew up. They caught the guys who did it and when they asked why they did it they said because they wanted to watch her die and they had no remorse over it. The girl was 17 or 18 and was going to graduate this year. She was a big officer in FFA, the same one I was in, was loved by all, and had even been in my house. She apparently knew these two guys from highschool. The same highschool I graduated from and my sister graduated from. I grew up in a nice neighborhood where the biggest crime was a street sign being stolen. Has the world gone insane? What would cause a person to want to shoot another person in the head just out of curiosity? I guess I just don't understand why some people do what they do. The kid that shot her is only 18 and graduated last year. His accomplice is in michigan trying to get the trial in canada or something like that. I can't even begin to imagine how the parents of this poor girl must feel. The thing I can't believe is that the scum's parents even hired the kid a lawyer. WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?! If yall's kid shot someone in cold blood just for fun would you hire them a lawyer? Sorry for the rant but this one hit close to home cause my sister is exactly like this girl was, head strong and felt safe absolutely anywhere and I'm afraid that she might end up like her.
Hey Blue I am sorry for your loss. The parents will never get over it. I know from experience. My 17 year old daughter was last seen September 26 ,2001 9:20 at night waiting for the 9:30 bus. We have never seen or heard anything since. She is not a runaway. I miss her every day some days I don't know what to do. Seriously my 94 CTD has kept me from going over the edge. I work on it and drive it to get my mind right, or as close as I can. I'm starting to well up take care.

Quick Reply: Has the world gone mad?