Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

This has slowed me down

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bigfoot
I’m getting the idea, this time is not like the other small insignificant surgeries that I have had in the past ( Madhat are you paying attention) I’ll just keep plugging away and I’ll get back to where I need to be or at least as close as this ole worn out body will allow.

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that your other surgeries were insignificant, just that they and the respective recovery is different.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No offence taken.
I was just saying that most of my other surgeries have been on my arms, legs, feet ( extremities). This one was on the core and I'm not bouncing back as fast as I had hoped.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Urban Legend

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
only surgery I have had is lasik. man thats a freaky experience. you're awake, hear everything, smell everything, see nothing...
I really believe I am more afraid on eye surgery than anything else. They are not getting close to my eyes with a laser.
Most of the time Lasik works out good but when it goes wrong it goes terribly bad usually resulting in blindness.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they had to crack your chest to get to the vitals they were working on that can take a long time to heal. The only surgery I have had was back surgery & at 56 at the time I thought I was never going to get back to 100%.The motorcycle wreck I had at 50 with 6 broken ribs & a punctured lung seemed to heal faster. Maybe do to being a little younger.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:44 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I really believe I am more afraid on eye surgery than anything else. They are not getting close to my eyes with a laser.
Most of the time Lasik works out good but when it goes wrong it goes terribly bad usually resulting in blindness.
people die from dental surgery too. (almost lost an uncle from a wisdom tooth).
I had worn contacts for about 25 years before having lasik. My eyes were developing corneal neovascularization so contacts were becoming a non-option. It was either go back to glasses which made me nauseous or go with lasik. Ive used the same eye doctor for about 15 years. I talked with him about it and went to the same place he had it done. I trust him, if he trusts them, I was willing to try.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

I had a blood clot in one of my lungs......5 years later I still lack my full stamina.....I'm 54....work out ever other day and walk 2-3 miles a day....6' 180.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Urban Legend

Originally Posted by annabelle
I had a blood clot in one of my lungs......5 years later I still lack my full stamina.....I'm 54....work out ever other day and walk 2-3 miles a day....6' 180.
Wow you two years older than me. How well do you hold up at altitude? Also did they remove part of your lung if so how much?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

Wow you two years older than me. How well do you hold up at altitude? Also did they remove part of your lung if so how much?
No, just put on blood thinners......I also developed DVT's in the rehab hospital......I can take 10,000 ft......I just don't have the stamina I use to.......I exercise as much as I do as I am trying to regain my full strength and coordination......as well as my stamina.......I got up to 240......wasn't very comfortable in my body.......besides, makes carrying a concealed weapon challenging.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:35 PM

I don't know if this helps, but I had 2/3 of my right lung removed plus one rib to reach it. I was in the hospital If I remember right for about seven days. It hurt really bad to just sit up, walk, cough, move, etc. I stayed away from work for about two months. I work heavy industrial construction that's why I waited so long. its been 7 years and I still do martial arts, lift weights, and all sports. Lobes expand quite a bit. I will dig up my paperwork if you have any question. Take care

Matt
Old 08-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Urban Legend

Thanks, at this point it appears that I’m on the way to full recovery .I start back to work on August 30 ( paper work) and all restriction will be lifted by September 10th.
Your right the lung tissue does expand a lot I can feel that it has. I feel that I’m breathing better than I have in years.