Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Has Al Gore Gone Nuts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He hasn't gone nuts. He's BEEN nuts.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who the EDIT is Al Gore??

Never mattered much then and even less now!!

Rick
Old 02-16-2006, 10:07 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
The following is an interesting Arab-American's take on Mr. Gore:

America Gored again
Posted: February 15, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joseph Farah

What would you say about a former vice president of the United States, a candidate for the presidency, who lies about "terrible abuses" against Arabs by his country while addressing an audience in Saudi Arabia?

That's what Al Gore did last weekend. And he did it during a time in which the Arab and Muslim world is already enflamed against the U.S. and the West because of the Muhammad cartoons.

What would I say about Al Gore? How would I characterize him? Here's what I would say in a wholesome forum like this:

* He's irresponsible.

* He's a traitor to his country.

* He's a congenital liar who wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the backside.

* He's an enemy of the American people.

* He's unworthy of American citizenship, let alone the high offices he has held and aspired to hold.

* He needs a keeper.

* He's producing enough hot air to make his doomsday predictions about global warming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

* He's one coconut short of a pina colada.

Gore actually claimed Arabs had been "indiscriminately rounded up" and held in "unforgivable" conditions following Sept. 11.

"The thoughtless way in which visas are now handled, that is a mistake," Gore said during the Jiddah Economic Forum. "The worst thing we can possibly do is to cut off the channels of friendship and mutual understanding between Saudi Arabia and the United States."

Gore told the largely Saudi audience, many of them educated at U.S. universities, that Arabs in the United States had been "indiscriminately rounded up, often on minor charges of overstaying a visa or not having a green card in proper order, and held in conditions that were just unforgivable."

"Unfortunately there have been terrible abuses and it's wrong," Gore said. "I do want you to know that it does not represent the desires or wishes or feelings of the majority of the citizens of my country."

Despicable, treacherous, seditious, inciteful – that's what Gore's speech was.

Let me tell you the truth about what happened in America after Sept. 11 – from the perspective of an American of Arabic ancestry.

I have seen no evidence – none whatsoever – of any official discrimination against Arabs or Muslims since Sept. 11. Al Gore is repeating the anti-American lies of the self-proclaimed Arab-American "leaders" who serve only as apologists for tyranny and terrorism.

That's right. I am an "Arab-American." I have an Arabic surname. I look Middle Eastern. I travel extensively. I meet lots of people. Not once before or since Sept. 11 have I ever been the target of any discrimination whatsoever from any American.

Could I possibly be such a rare exception? I have lived on this planet for 51 years. Could I be missing something? I don't think so.

What does Al Gore know that I don't know? If he's got specific examples of harassment of Arabs in America, why doesn't he go to the proper authorities in this country and bring some charges? Doesn't the former vice president know how to do that? Or isn't it worth his time to correct these alleged human-rights abuses? Does he prefer to curry favor with Saudi oil sheikhs in foreign countries by telling them what they want to hear?

Evidently.

There is no excuse for what Al Gore did this week in Saudi Arabia. It's beyond shameful. It's beyond sedition. He is inciting more terrorist attacks on America – providing the very excuses and cover these animals welcome.

This man is not suitable or worthy to be a dogcatcher in America.

He is a disgrace to this wonderful, tolerant bastion of freedom and pluralism.

Imagine going to a foreign country where it is illegal for Christians and Jews to live and worship and decrying phantom human-rights abuses in America!

That's what Al Gore did.

Imagine going to a foreign country where it is illegal for women to drive and decrying phantom human-rights abuses in America!

That's what Al Gore did.

Imagine going to a foreign country that was responsible for most of the manpower used in the Sept. 11 attack on America and decrying phantom human-rights abuses in America!

That's what Al Gore did.

Imagine going to a foreign country that provided much of the funding for the Taliban hosts of those who attacked American Sept. 11 and decrying phantom human-rights abuses in America.

That's what Al Gore did.

Imagine gong to a foreign country that still, to this day, aids the worst Islamo-fascist terrorists in the world and decrying phantom human-rights abuses in America!

That's what Al Gore did.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:24 AM

What a goof ball! His family farm is just about 5 miles from my dads farm. It is sad indeed when a man can't carry his own state in a presidential election but he didn't even carry his own county! A law prof. who was on his '88 pres campain said "Only Al Gore could come up with the idea of criticizing Bush for not sucking up to the Saudis enough!"
The Arab American anti discrimination said about 1200 arabs were arrested after 9/11 it said of these 725 were held on immigration violations, 100 on unrelated criminal charges and 360 for alledged terrorist connections. There are about 3 million arabs in the US that is less than one tenth of one % that they rounded up. God has given us Republicans one more present other than Howard Dean and that is Mr. Gore. These guys are the gifts that keep on giving! Someone said if John Kerry didn't exist Karl Rove would have had to invent him, I think Gore is the same way.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:55 AM
Muted User

Location: "The Peoples Republic of Illinois".....behind enemy lines
Let the whacko's like Forrest Gore, Screech Dean, Jesse Jackass, Al Simpleton, Barbara Boxbiter etc. etc. talk. Sooner or later people will figure out how out of touch with mainstream/regular people the Democrats/Liberals are!!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Chapter President

Gore was the one who blew right through his illegal campaign donations by claiming that there was no legal, controlling authority to stop him?

Anybody else think we should reintroduce and enforce the Sedition Act of 1798? Here's section two, reproduced in its entirety:

SEC. 2. That if any person shall write, print, utter. Or publish, or shall cause or procure to be written, printed, uttered or published, or shall knowingly and willingly assist or aid in writing, printing, uttering or publishing any false, scandalous and malicious writing or writings against the government of the United States, or either house of the Congress of the United States, or the President of the United States, with intent to defame the said government, or either house of the said Congress, or the said President, or to bring them. or either of them, into contempt or disrepute; or to excite against them, or either or any of them, the hatred of the good people of the United States, or to excite any unlawful combinations therein, for opposing or resisting any law of the United States, or any act of the President of the United States, done in pursuance of any such law, or of the powers in him vested by the constitution of the United States, or to resist, oppose, or defeat any such law or act, or to aid, encourage or abet any hostile designs of any foreign nation against the United States, their people or government, then such person, being thereof convicted before any court of the United States having jurisdiction thereof, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars, and by imprisonment not exceeding two years.
Link: http://www.law.ou.edu/hist/sedact.html

We would be short about 46 Senators in a very short time.....
Old 02-17-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm for it.!!!

Get this jerk off the streets.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:10 PM

ONLY WARNING
Personal attacks will NOT be tolerated in our forums

Yes, Al Gore is a Class A Nutjob. [/QUOTE]

??????????????????????????????

I"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BACK !!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:13 PM

Think about it. What if King George went hunting with Cheney (Al Gore is smarter than that)
Cheny acccidently shoots and Kills King George---Now we have a murderer for a president.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by herb
Think about it. What if King George went hunting with Cheney (Al Gore is smarter than that)
Cheny acccidently shoots and Kills King George---Now we have a murderer for a president.
It is not murder if it's an accident, it's manslaughter, so using your sentence structure we would have a manslaughter president.

That just don't sound right does it. Kinda like liberals, they try to make sence, but following their thought process to it logical end leads to inaccurate and misleading conclusions.

(DISCLAIMER: The following post was not meant to disparage anyone, rather bring alittle humor and levity to the study of the English language and it's quirks. Bashing Herb was just an added bonus. )
Old 02-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned

I dont know Herb. I dont think smart & Al Gore ought to be used in the same sentence right now
Old 02-17-2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Geico266
It is not murder if it's an accident, it's manslaughter, so using your sentence structure we would have a manslaughter president.

That just don't sound right does it. Kinda like liberals, they try to make sence, but following their thought process to it logical end leads to inaccurate and misleading conclusions.

(DISCLAIMER: The following post was not meant to disparage anyone, rather bring alittle humor and levity to the study of the English language and it's quirks. Bashing Herb was just an added bonus. )
Didn't consider it a bashing. I own a little stock in Upjohn, enjoy giving you righties a headache. But with the folks you've got in place to defend day after day i guess you have headaches enough
Old 02-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
ONLY WARNING
Personal attacks will NOT be tolerated in our forums

Yes, Al Gore is a Class A Nutjob.
??????????????????????????????

I"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BACK !!
I was wondering why it's been so quiet around here.........

I didn't realize your hero Al was a member of our fourms.....what's his user name?

And he's STILL several fries short of a happy meal.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I told you guys herb wouldn't defend Gore too hard, herb is a lefty, not a moron...he knows a nut job when he sees one just like the rest of us.

Like I said before in this case politics has little to do with anything, the guy is wack no matter which side of the political side of the fence you live on. You could totally ignore his politics and still know the guy is living in a fantasy world.

Did I ever tell you guys I invented daylight??
Old 02-18-2006, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by runamuk
Who the EDIT is Al Gore??

Never mattered much then and even less now!!

Rick
He's the man who won the first presidential election against King George

Quick Reply: Has Al Gore Gone Nuts?