Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Has Al Gore Gone Nuts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 06:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Has Al Gore Gone Nuts?

I have not read the transcript, but over the weekend Vice President Al Gore said to a Muslim crowd in a middle east Muslin country that America committed crimes against Muslins following 9/11. That we rounded up American Muslims and put them camps with "deplorable" conditions. He went on to say (according to Mike Savage) that Gore said the only problem with America is that we don't have enough muslims here and that we should allow more in our country.

This from a man who was almost President? Has he finally gone nuts?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:17 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What nerve you have. How dare you question the inventor of the internet? If it weren't for him, we wouldn't be fooling around on here today!

I can only assume this is a Faux News report?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:22 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope its not a faux report.......

This is "copy/paste" from ABC news website:

JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia Feb 13, 2006 (AP)— Former Vice President Al Gore told a mainly Saudi audience on Sunday that the U.S. government committed "terrible abuses" against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment.

Gore said Arabs had been "indiscriminately rounded up" and held in "unforgivable" conditions. The former vice president said the Bush administration was playing into al-Qaida's hands by routinely blocking Saudi visa applications.

"The thoughtless way in which visas are now handled, that is a mistake," Gore said during the Jiddah Economic Forum. "The worst thing we can possibly do is to cut off the channels of friendship and mutual understanding between Saudi Arabia and the United States."

Gore told the largely Saudi audience, many of them educated at U.S. universities, that Arabs in the United States had been "indiscriminately rounded up, often on minor charges of overstaying a visa or not having a green card in proper order, and held in conditions that were just unforgivable."

"Unfortunately there have been terrible abuses and it's wrong," Gore said. "I do want you to know that it does not represent the desires or wishes or feelings of the majority of the citizens of my country."

On Iran, Gore complained of "endemic hyper-corruption" among Tehran's religious and political elite and asked Arabs to take a stand against Iran's nuclear program.

Iran says its program is for peaceful purposes but the United States and other Western countries suspect Tehran is trying to develop nuclear weapons.

"Is it only for the West to say this is dangerous?" Gore asked. "We should have more people in this region saying this is dangerous."

Several audience members criticized the United States for what they described as "unconditional" U.S. support for Israel, saying U.S. diplomats helped Israel flout U.N. resolutions that they enforced when the measures targeted Arabs.

Gore refused to be drawn into questions about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:31 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Do you think he'd be available for a hunting trip with Dick Cheney?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What in the EDIT is that idiot's problem? Like they need any more fuel for their "holy war". We should have made a new lake out of Iraq while we had the chance. I think it's rediculous that we have been giving them food and they can't give us oil in return because that is a "scandal", sounds like fair trade to me! The whole middle-eastern situation bothers the EDIT outta me. I know some may call me aggressive or whatever, but someone needs to be! Them countries are full of terrorists and WMD's anyway, why can't we get enough people with ***** together to take care of the situation? The frenchies lasted what, a couple weeks? Biggest BS story of the century if you ask me. We need to treat them like they treated us, and like we treated Japan in WWII. They wouldn't even know what hit 'em.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Do you think he'd be available for a hunting trip with Dick Cheney?
This time let me pick out the shot shells, 00 Buck should do it. None of this wimpy lite load #9 bird shot stuff.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:56 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
This time let me pick out the shot shells, 00 Buck should do it. None of this wimpy lite load #9 bird shot stuff.
And I even found the perfect hunting outfit for him.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:08 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Al Gore personifies the word "Moron"

Every time I think about his claim that he invented the Internet, I realize that he may as well have said that he also invented AIR.

As Bugs bunny would say.....What a maroon!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and funded by Bin Laden's family read on
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...926.shtml?s=ic
Old 02-14-2006, 07:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Al Gore personifies the word "Moron"

Every time I think about his claim that he invented the Internet, I realize that he may as well have said that he also invented AIR.

As Bugs bunny would say.....What a maroon!

Silly Larry-- everyone knows ALgore invented WATER, not AIR
Old 02-14-2006, 08:32 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
It is folks like this that aid the enemy. They are called USEFUL IDIOTS. They are idiots and useful to our enemies. Another word is traitor.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:14 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

To answer the initial question... no. He's always been nuts. Just think, he could've been leading us....
Old 02-14-2006, 10:28 AM

It's funny when they give idiots microphone's. Like when celebraties voice their opinion about the war. When morons talk morons listen. You know that there is someone out there praising gore for that speech. Wonder how Gore would feel if we had a Muslim president?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where is Herb?? The liberlas need protecting now!!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Redleg
To answer the initial question... no. He's always been nuts. Just think, he could've been leading us....
My thinking exactly.

Quick Reply: Has Al Gore Gone Nuts?