Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Happy Fathers Day

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy Fathers Day

I as a father myself of a son that is 12 going on 30, just wanted to wish all the other fathers out there a HAPPY FATHERS DAY.

Mike
Old 06-18-2006, 12:08 AM

Happy Dad's Day to all you Pops (new and old) !!!

I just wanted to take a minute to remember my dad on this special day. He died several years ago so I can't tell him I love him like I want to ... this'll have to do.

My ol' man was a one of a kind dad. Although he had an college degree, he never read one single book on parenting ... he let me do all the things that by todays standards would get his kids taken away. From the time I could walk ... I was by his side and doing everything he was doing (some good and some ... well ... ).

When I was little, I got to ride in the truck next to him without my seatbelt .... while we both drank a beer. Even got to drive for a few miles. THANKS DAD.... I breezed through my drivers test and am an excellent driver now.

When we went prospecting and camped out for weeks, he let me poke sticks in the fire, throw bugs in the coals, drink coffee with the grounds still in it, shoot the guns whenever I wanted .... hmmmmm ... THANKS DAD ... you let me be a kid and now I can show my kids which bugs pop the loudest in the fire pit, the difference between REAL coffee and that foo-foo crap the sell in the Starbucks and how to use those guns in the house to make sure the family is safe and that if times got hard ... you can eat something that evening !!

Since he was a mining engineer and was always out in the hills, he let me come to work with him whenever I wanted to and even on the days that I didn't want to .... THANKS DAD ... I have an excellent work ethic and can support my family, just like you did and I have a love for the great outdoors that still serves me today.

By the time I was 13, he had me as a paid employee running each and every piece of equipment at the mine; loaders, dumptrucks, dozers, graders, generators, compressors, rock drills ... rigging explosives and ventilation systems etc ... He had me changing oil and air filters on the same equipment like clockwork when it they were due for service, repairing busted hydraulic lines and flat tires .... THANKS DAD ... I am very well rounded and can confidently take on almost anything I choose to ... and I know how to take care of my vehicles and equipment so that they take care of me and don't have to wait for AAA to come to my rescue. I also know what jobs I will pay someone else to do .... I hate changing them big ol tractor tires !!

He was always very good to my mom, my brother and I and while we may not have had everything that we wanted ... he always made sure we have everything that we needed !! THANKS DAD ... my big family has never missed a meal and have always had a warm, safe place to lay down each night.

My ol' man did his duty as an underaged WW II Marine fighting on the shores of Iwo Jima, Guam and countless other foreign shores during some of the bloodiest battles in history .... THANKS DAD ... for doing what you did so that me and mine can do what we do . And thanks for showing me what "sacrifice for your country" really means.

He wasn't much of a talker (unless he was well into the Jim Beam bottle, then he had loads to say ), but he never missed a chance to tell me that he loved me and that he was proud of me. THANKS DAD .... my kids know that without a doubt ... their dad is their biggest fan.

I could go on for days, but I will leave room for everyone else to thank their dads. Have a great day and if your dad is still around ... go give the ol' guy a big hug and tell him thanks for being your dad !!

PISTOL
Old 06-18-2006, 07:57 AM

Dad's day, beeing a dad of 6 kids had been a blessing. And at times a challange. All are adults now and have their own lives. but we still get together.
Pistol, that is a great tribute to you dad. He raised you well. And you are passing it on. Way to go.
My dad taught me many things, that one that sticks with me from when I was just a little kid. "What ever you do, do you best".
Old 06-18-2006, 09:05 AM

Happy Farters Day, Demolition Derby time!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Happy Father's Day to all of you! I hope you have a relaxing day whether it is spending it with your family or tinkering with your trucks!Cin
Old 06-18-2006, 12:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MY fathers day gift is taking the 3 kids high speed cart racing we are gona have a blast!!!!!!!!!!