Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Happens every year!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002 | 11:11 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Happens every year!

Every fall when the weather first gets cold and I have to start plugging in the block heater, something very strange happens.<br> I will leave and come back finding my electric cord stretched out to it's limits, laying in the driveway, looking like it tried to follow me.<br> I wish I could catch who is doing this to me but since I am backing my way down this rather long drive I never see anyone. And just when I think I might catch them, say mid way through the 3rd week of plugging it in, This strange phenomenon quits happening. Strangely coinciding with the amount of time it takes for me to start remembering to plug it up when I come in.<br> Hmmmmm a mystery I may never solve ;D
Old 11-09-2002 | 12:37 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Happens every year!

Those dirty rats have excaped my grasp on several ocassions but I fixed them real good like. I tie the extension cord around the drivers mirror to remind me to unplug it and thus putting the dirty rats out of a job. Gee, now I guess I know where they went. Coincidence perhaps?<br><br>Get it top? ;D<br><br>(tries to fugure out how to splain it better)
Old 11-09-2002 | 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote author=dieseldude4x4 link=board=10;threadid=6806;start=0#64349 date=1036823833]<br>Those dirty rats have excaped my grasp on several ocassions but I fixed them real good like. I tie the extension cord around the drivers mirror to remind me to unplug it and thus putting the dirty rats out of a job. Gee, now I guess I know where they went. Coincidence perhaps?<br><br>Get it top? ;D<br><br>(tries to fugure out how to splain it better)<br>[/quote]<br><br>Oh My God. Two of us have come up with the same solution. So that explains the trembling of the earth and lightening flashes in the sky. If only a certain former army dude would FALL IN on the concept, why we could patent the concept and make some bucks here. Maybe not. Oh well, off to find another money makin' scheme. Gotta earn some money to save some bucks for a modified tranny, GREATLY modified. <br><br>~Dave
Old 11-09-2002 | 08:16 AM
Admin Team Leader

Nice to see I am not the only one with this dilemma, I have done the loop the cord over the mirror routine as well. ;D What I should do is mount a small led in the dash that will illuminate when The truck is plugged in. Yeah thats the ticket Wildcat could market it as Rod's Red Dot
Old 11-09-2002 | 08:41 AM

Or Top you could run the cord over to your door handle, that would be hard to miss. And NO, I haven't had to do that yet. <br>
Old 11-09-2002 | 09:43 AM
Administrator

They say the mind is the first thing to go when you get old.<br><br>Thats crap, mine left home a long time ago. Now, I lose things, can't remember where I lost them, and can't remember what I lost so it's a wash.
Old 11-09-2002 | 09:46 AM
Administrator

Top: Just had my third brain storm of the year. Guess that'l get me started on next year.<br><br>Take one of them electric fencers and hook it up to the door handle powered by the same juice that powers the block heater. Talk about getting a charge first thing in the morning!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2002 | 10:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

[quote author=dieseldude4x4 link=board=10;threadid=6806;start=0#64412 date=1036856768]<br>Top: Just had my third brain storm of the year. Guess that'l get me started on next year.<br><br>Take one of them electric fencers and hook it up to the door handle powered by the same juice that powers the block heater. Talk about getting a charge first thing in the morning!!!!!!!! <br>[/quote]<br>I would look like Homer Simpson standing there grabbing that handle over and over and over and over again DOH!
Old 11-09-2002 | 02:43 PM
Banned

It doesn't get cold enough down here. I plug it in to look cool.
Old 11-09-2002 | 10:32 PM
Administrator

Yeah, me too. Scratching my head to figure out why I get shocked every time I grab the handle.
Old 11-10-2002 | 09:25 PM
Administrator

How bout this for an idea.<br><br>Dodge puts a ignition kill switch powered by the same plug as the block heater.<br>Can't start it with it plugged in.<br><br>what a concept.<br><br>I also loop it over the driver side mirror, since I back into the driveway, I'd rip out something for sure.
Old 11-11-2002 | 10:26 AM

Someone tore off my driver side mirror and left it in my driveway. &gt; Wrapped an electrical cord around its neck and just left it there. Some kind of ritual perhaps? Oh well I'll figger it out.
Old 11-11-2002 | 10:28 AM

Ohhh man, i'm glad I back into the garage and see the cord dangling before I get in the truck... no pagan rituals of power cords wrapped in a bow around the truck for me! ;D<br><br>Tony
Old 11-11-2002 | 10:38 AM
Admin Team Leader

I see this problem is more wide spead than I first thought We may have to notify Federal Authorities about these rampaging electrical cord cults!
Old 11-11-2002 | 11:51 AM
Administrator

Top: looks like you have uncovered a diabolical scheme here either put on by the electric utilities or the body shop consortium. Maybe we better meet in secrecy and try to overthrow this regime for the good of our trucks and the electric utilities. Not to mention our extension cords.

Quick Reply: Happens every year!