Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Had to take my daughter for her shots today....

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 03:43 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Had to take my daughter for her shots today....

Had to take my daughter for her second round of vaccination shots this morning. I truly believe that this is harder on me then it was on her. She cried for about 30 seconds but I cried for about 5 mins. I guess I’m not nearly as tough as I thought I was. She got 4 shots. 2 in each leg and they looked huge. I'm used to starting IV's all day long but when it comes to my daughter it is a completly different story. I just had to bury my face in my hands and I couldn't watch. Something about hearing her cry just takes something out of me. Crazy I guess.

She has been hanging out with “daddy” all day today. She’s asleep right now and I hope she feels better when she wakes up. Just had to “release” a little.

Britt

Old 09-02-2005, 06:04 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Just do like I did.... Make the wife take them...
Old 09-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And you never get over doing it. I'm the same way when I go with my little grand daughter to the Dr.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont have kids yet

But its like that Gary Allan song says, When tough little boys grow up to be dads, they turn into babies again... Im sure itll hurt me to the point i wanna kill that dr if my lil one (when the time comes) is cryin cause of gettin poked by needles, its for his or her own good tho...

Sorry to hear about it T7,

but if u didnt love your lil one, u wouldnt be takin her to get her shots to begin with..

Tx
Old 09-02-2005, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by TxDiesel007
I dont have kids yet

But its like that Gary Allan song says, When tough little boys grow up to be dads, they turn into babies again... Im sure itll hurt me to the point i wanna kill that dr if my lil one (when the time comes) is cryin cause of gettin poked by needles, its for his or her own good tho...

Sorry to hear about it T7,

but if u didnt love your lil one, u wouldnt be takin her to get her shots to begin with..

Tx
Believe me.... It's tough... One moment she is all happy and smiling and then all of the sudden 4 needles get jabbed into her thighs. All the while she is looking at you like "why are you doing this?". It broke my heart.

Britt

Old 09-02-2005, 07:23 PM

my daughter was like that when she got her shots. Only cried while the needles were in her legs, then she was fine. Is deffinately harder on the parent when their child is crying and you can't fix it.
Last year I had to take my daughter in for a TB test before she could start daycare. When we went back so they could read it she started crying before we actually got to the lab. Then when the doctor came out to check she refused to give him her arm until she was sure that he didn't have a needle in his hands.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:40 PM

I know how you feel. We had a doctor here in town that always had to draw blood no matter what you went to see him for. About the third time I carried my daughter (she was about 3 or 4) he sent the nurse in to draw blood AGAIN. When the nurse came in she told me to hold her down. I refused, and pick her up and started out. I ran into the doctor on the way out and we had a show down. Everyone in the building stop what they were doing to listen. I'm only 5' 3" tall, but you don't mess with my family!
Old 09-02-2005, 07:40 PM

My wife is a pediatric ER nurse and what's worse is the kids that stick out their arms and never cry because they've been stuck so much. Due to cancer or some other illness.

T7 I feel your pain I have one do in March
Old 09-02-2005, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by MedicShawn
My wife is a pediatric ER nurse and what's worse is the kids that stick out their arms and never cry because they've been stuck so much. Due to cancer or some other illness.

T7 I feel your pain I have one do in March

Yes... That is MUCH worse.... I hope I never have to go through something like that. I feel for all the families that have to struggle with those types of illnesses.

Good luck on your newborn. They are truly a life changing experience!

Britt

Old 09-02-2005, 08:41 PM

My boy is 3 1/2 now and has had all the routine shots required. The very first time we took him in the nurse gave him the shots, 4 I think, and he just looked at her with this look of, is that all you got. The nurse couldn't believe it, she said she'd never had a child take his/her shots and not cry. He's never cried for any of his shots.

This should probably scare me, cause at 3 1/2 he outweighs is sister, she's 5, by about 3-5 pounds. He's not fat, just solid as a rock. One day he'll probably be thumping on dad.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:53 PM

Good days for you these. Suddenly everything changes. Even looking into the mirror your own face looks different. Next time you come back from a call give her a peck on the cheek for me. Man don't I miss those days...
Nat
Old 09-02-2005, 08:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wait until you walk her down the isle, or hold your first grand baby. You got alot to look forward to.