Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Had a good laugh tonite

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Had a good laugh tonite

Got a call tonite to help out a buddy in distress. A local contractor friend was hauling his Uniloader back from a job and exploded a u-joint so he was stranded on the side of the road.

He gave me a call and asked if I could come pick up his trailer and equipment and haul it back to his shop, then go back and pick up his truck. Of course I would, no problem.

He 's got a 24 ft flatdeck trailer loaded with a Case 1845 Uniloader skid steer and the usual attachments, backhoe, couple of buckets, etc. Not exactly sure of the weight but my old pig handled it no problem. Besides, we were not really in any rush and only had about 10 miles to go back to his shop.

So here we are, sitting at a light, blabbing away, and a Ford Super Duty pulls up beside us. Like I could care less and I didn't even acknowledge him. The guy gives her a good blip of the throttle, so I look over at him.

The dude wants to race!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!! I'm sitting there with whatever thousands of pounds hanging off the bumper and this idiot with an empty truck wants to take me on. I just about blew a valve, I was laughing so hard.

I guess I would feel pretty confident to, taking on a loaded truck in a drag race.

Of course, the light goes green and off he goes like the world is going to end. We laughed our butts off all the way to the shop. Some peoples children!!!!

Just thought I'd let you guys in on my little laugh for the day.

Jeff
Old 03-18-2006, 03:16 AM

man jeff,
that is crazy...i just can't believe that he actually did wanna race you when you had a loaded truck and trailer.

and what's really funny is that he probably got all big headed about beating you when he really didn't beat you b/c like there was any way that you were gonna race him.

you should've tried though and then if you did beat him even when you were loaded...now that'd be something else wouldn't it?

funny story i got a good chuckle out of it myself
Old 03-18-2006, 07:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
He probably ran home, got on the Ferd diesel site and claimed you as a kill!
Old 03-18-2006, 08:53 AM

pretty good a turtle racing a hare with 10000 lbs on his back, and claiming victory at that, i guess you glotta take what you can get if you drive a powerjoke
Old 03-18-2006, 05:09 PM

I have to agree that he probably considers it a legitimate "kill". Get them where you can I guess.

I still get a giggle when I think about it.

Jeff
Old 03-18-2006, 05:34 PM

He woulda flipped about the time you yanked the trailer out from under the loader!!