Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Grrrrr.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrrrr.

I have a "friend" or so I thought who has had some bum luck after his car accident. He needed something to drive for a day or 2. So I let him Borrow the Dodge (see sig.) He knew that my clutch was weak, and knows the pain of labor and parts on these as he helped me install my new turbo when the stocker imploded. I told him many times DO NOT beat on it leave the smoke switch off, leave the quadzilla off, and drive it like a respectful adult as I dont have any money for another repair at this time.

Come to find out from over 10 other people and phone calls at 2 AM asking me if im out on the town racing people because they seen my truck rippin around and smoking out intersections. He even told one of my buddys that it was not shifting right becuse he could not get it into 4th gear when he was doin edit in one of the local O'Reilly parking lots at night.

Well it wasnt me it was HIM!! And I had No idea nor did I OK him to beat on it like that!! When I got the truck back all of the electronics where off, however I noticed the soot on the stacks was blacker than coal, my rear tires are worn down quite a bit for only putting 135 miles on it, and my average fuel economy dropped to 12.4 which usually sits about 15.5-17.5 on the overhead when I drive it.

Im convinced that he was beatin on my truck, and Im everything but a happy camper about it..

What happened to the most simple task in life... RESPECT!!!

Thanks for letting me vent, as I knew you guys would understand where Im coming from.. Have a great day!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:31 PM
ICL

Send your "friend" a bill for tires,fuel,cleaning,and miles used. Somewhere around 10.00 bucks a mile sounds good.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:12 PM

Any "friend" who does not respect you or your property in no friend. I would cut all ties to this individual. Just because he helped you wrench on your rig, is absolutely no reason to beat up your rig, especially when you were helping him out.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by AkitaSumo
Any "friend" who does not respect you or your property in no friend. I would cut all ties to this individual. Just because he helped you wrench on your rig, is absolutely no reason to beat up your rig, especially when you were helping him out.
Couldn't agree more ^^^
Old 03-18-2009, 02:46 PM

Next time he asks to borrow anything- even an anvil- smile and say "I can't afford to."

If he asks for an explanation, you are free to vent. If he does not ask, he knows full well why he's no longer on the "Most Favored Friends" list.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:34 AM

And that's why only two people are authorized to drive my truck without me in it: my brother, and one very close friend. No one else goes near the driver's seat unless I'm drunk and can't drive, or in a very generous mood and let someone take her around the block under my supervision.
Everyone else knows that if they need Big Red, they get me too.

D
Old 03-20-2009, 04:08 PM

X2^^^

Me and my mechanic (good friend, good guy, good wrench, good rates. What else need be said?).