Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Greenie Rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Greenie Rant

I can't find the website, but I read up on it a couple of months ago and a well-tuned diesel like ours is less polluting in most ways, excepting particulates, which fall to the ground (sooner or later). Add to that the greater efficiency of the Cummins compared to something like the HEMI or my old 350 chevy (12mpg) and there you have it.
I'm running 50% biodiesel in my rig, so I tell people "oh yeah, I get 36 miles per gallon of diesel". How's that for spin? :
Old 10-08-2003, 11:55 PM

Cow farts are really bad for the ozone....Eat more beef and leave my truck alone!!!!!!!!!!!! Smoke em' if you got em'!!! Seriously though, I think people just pick and choose what they will and will not accept. Even if a study has proven them wrong. I doubt I would have laid the smoke on her but I would have asked her to go look into the subject and give me her apologies the next time she saw me. As if......
Old 10-09-2003, 12:36 AM

You mean something like this?

Smoke Shot

DB
Old 10-09-2003, 08:46 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

She probably didn't even know or care that it was a diesel. She probably targets any vehicle larger than hers (suv's as well). I think half of those people don't sincerely care, they can't afford a real vehicle, and use that environment excuse to make the junk they buy seem better than everyone else. If she was that hard core, she wouldn't have been in the McDonald's line, she'd have been tokin at some health food store.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:48 AM

Shoulda informed her that her Saturn is plastic, made from petro.. HMM bet she didn't know that. wonder how much pollution is put out just making the body panels before the motor is ever even started? Besides, how can you call that wonderful smell from a Diesel pollution ?

DuaneW.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:02 AM

I was about to say... this chick is so concerned, but yet she is eating Mc Donalds??? Common, there ain't nothing natural or healthy or enviornmently friendly about McDonalds food... She is not a true "Bunny Hugger"

Some people are just hipocrits... and lettem' go hug their bunnies... Can't change them!
Old 10-09-2003, 10:05 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

[quote author=DuaneWKKC link=board=10;threadid=20723;start=15#msg194860 date=1065710895]
Shoulda informed her that her Saturn is plastic, made from petro.. HMM bet she didn't know that. wonder how much pollution is put out just making the body panels before the motor is ever even started? Besides, how can you call that wonderful smell from a Diesel pollution ?

DuaneW.
[/quote]
What about the recycle process(toxic?) or lack there of, for that non-biodegradable car. She'll probably wreck it chasing SUV'S or running from the police for trashing cars at the dealership, or putting in a FISCH CD.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=TxRedneck link=board=10;threadid=20723;start=0#msg194550 date=1065653370]Texas has them all the time.[/quote]

Where?? From my experience people in Texas LOVE trucks. ???
Old 10-09-2003, 11:48 AM

Well, you defintely handled that situation better than what I would have.

Old 10-09-2003, 03:47 PM

:-X >
Old 10-09-2003, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Let's not bust out WWIII here, guys (ie, Hoss & TxRedneck)....if you want to continue your discussion about heritage and confederate flags, blah, blah, blah...do so off the forum because you're terribly off-topic right now and we don't even need to get into such heated debates/discussions/topics on a diesel forum.... :
Old 10-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Administrator

[quote author=TxRedneck link=board=10;threadid=20723;start=15#msg194999 date=1065733038]
Whatever Hoss :
[/quote]

Don't post about it again....I warned you both once... :
Old 10-09-2003, 04:06 PM

To each his own! You could call us hipocrits too yuh know. I have read all kinds of slams on Chevy's and Ford's. Gassers are not to well talked about either. Except by those with street rods or lux's. Giving someone grief for the cars or the food they eat is another fine example. Name calling or stereo typing is another form isn't it. My point being that I serve this glorious country everyday and have for almost 16 years. I make sure that everyone has the right to say what they want, drive what they want, eat what they want or even fly some flag(sometimes they even burn one of my favorites). The lady in the drive thru has her rights but when they slander others or intefere with the rights of others, she crosses the line. I am a very easy going and a extremely laid back person but I do have one or two predjudices. I hate stupid people and inconsiderate ones and those who feel there beliefs are more important or more correct than those they slander everyday. Can't we all just believe what we believe and let others do the same. Better said, can't we all just get along and not run over on one another. I have one judge and that judgement will determine my fate. Look to God in times when you don't have the strength to do the right thing. Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house. Off the soap box and ready to move on! Peace, love and happiness and most of all. God bless! ;D
Old 10-09-2003, 05:01 PM

Danders up again and I've some preaching to do. Heriatage is history and upbringing is for the future. One foot dragging in yesterday and one foot stepping into tomorrow. What are you doing to your today. Hate, anger are always derived from fear or insecurities. Which is it for you? History should be learned from and the bad left in the past not brought into the future or today.

Love more hate less and don't breed! ;D :-[ Done and wanting barley hops for my head!
Old 10-09-2003, 05:18 PM

Who is that referring to sir?

Quick Reply: Greenie Rant