Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Greenie Rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greenie Rant

I posted this over on TDR and I thought I'd post it here too...

Joe

Well I just thought I'd let you know what happened to me yesterday while trying to get a bite to eat at McDonalds. I pull up into the drive thru line and turn off my truck to make an order and this lady in a Saturn behind me gets out of her car and starting preaching to me on how I'm destroying the enviroment with my "gas guzzler" and how I should be driving a fuel efficient car and not a noisy tree killer. Well she then proceeds to tell me that somebody should of done vandalism to my truck like some of the eco terroists have been doing. So I politely tell her to get back in her car because I decided I'm not going to try and explain this to someone this ignorant. So we go through the line and when I'm leaving I wait for her to get behind me and I gave her a good smoke show which went into her car because of the wind blowing just right. She proceeds to give me the your number one salute and I just smile and drive away...

I can't believe some of these people. Sorry I just had to rant
Old 10-08-2003, 02:32 PM

Re:Greenie Rant

I think you confirmed her theory--I will leave it at that
Old 10-08-2003, 03:06 PM

What I dont understand is that People think its us (diesel guys) that pollute the world. Its not only us its the gassers and those BigRigs and those big rigs are mainly in it. Im not hating on the big rigs im just feed up with the "Enviromently freindly" people accusing us of this when they have part of it.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote author=TxRedneck link=board=10;threadid=20723;start=0#msg194477 date=1065643616]
What I dont understand is that People think its us (diesel guys) that pollute the world. [/quote]

Because they can see the soot cloud.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:37 PM

[quote author=TxRedneck link=board=10;threadid=20723;start=0#msg194489 date=1065645213]
[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=10;threadid=20723;start=0#msg194485 date=1065644905]

Because they can see the soot cloud.
[/quote]

Gassers pollute just as much as we do right? Just with out the cloud.[/quote]

My point exactly.
And remember,.....Grennies are voters too.

Don't forget that when emmissions testing starts on diesels also.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:40 PM

Which has more pollutant (sp) stock gasser or a STOCK diesel?
Old 10-08-2003, 03:48 PM

Not to be rude,

But does it really matter? ???
Old 10-08-2003, 03:55 PM

not really just a teacher asked me today and I didnt really know. Dont worry about it.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:58 PM

Sorry, didn't realize what you were asking. :-[
Gassers and diesels give off different types of emmissions.

Gasser's are more poisoneous gasses, diesels are more particulate.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:29 PM

It's an issue of false economy.

In the life of a Dodge pickup truck with a Cummins diesel, far, far fewer resources will be consumed than in the life of a Saturn car. And since fewer resources will be consumed, there will be fewer contaminants and negative impacts on the environment.

The comparison not only includes miles-per-gallon, where Dodge CTDs exceeds most "economy" cars in efficiency of energy consumption to weight and haulage. It also includes factors like refining loss and energy expenditures in producing diesel fuel over gasoline, energy expenditures and co-commitant contamination in producing vehicles which have a third the life of a Dodge CTD, increased pressure on landfills, recycling facilities, and toxic substances disposal, and, of course, the "invisible" emissions issue: better to breath diesel smoke than the heavy salts, bromides, metallic vapors, and other pathogens of a Saturn catalytic system.

In fact, a Dodge CTD impacts the environment far less than vehicles with environmentally friendly reputations, including Hondas, Volvos, and Saturns. I've been assaulted by several misguided people in gas stations and highway rest stops. Usually, several steps into my reply to their accusations, they break off and leave me alone. ;D
Old 10-08-2003, 04:41 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=matthopp link=board=10;threadid=20723;start=0#msg194466 date=1065641574]
I think you confirmed her theory--I will leave it at that
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking.

Blowing smoke on these type of people doesn't help your case at all....no matter how much better it makes you feel.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:08 PM
JKE

ummmm, strange topic. I cannot imagine an individual approaching me about my truck and the environment. Where are you guys at that get these type of comments? Where ever it is, I am not going! I am not a fan of confrontation.

I have a perimeter that I do not like broken by individuals that I do not know especially if they are acting rude or in an aggravated manner. The perimeter distance increases at that point. Depending on the mood, the individaul, the moon phase, how far away the truck is and my attire/shoes, different actions could/would be taken. I keep to myself in public and try to see everything. You don't mess with me, I don't mess with you.

Tang Soo!!

John
Old 10-08-2003, 07:10 PM

That's why I keep my "buddy" in his holster which is attached to the console right beside my right leg. If you get too close to me, and act crazy, you get to meet him. I like to use the smoke for the THUMPERS at the redlight that think it's cool to ruin your hearing and try to drown out my Hank Williams Sr.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:28 PM

The only problem is now that you smoked her, she will go and tell all her "friends". You must keep in mind that a lot of the people that are involved with that sort of thing are the ones with a lot more money and time than you have. They have the time and resources to get the others all riled up and quite often get the state legislators to take a good look at the big "polluters". Next thing you know, more stringent laws concerning diesels. On another forum (won't say which one) a member just recently got a ticket in Utah for "excessive smoke" while entering the freeway. Next thing you know there will be laws saying no smoke. Period. I'm climbing down off the soap box now for the next person to use.
BTW I would have done the same thing. Those type really tick me off.
Tom
Old 10-08-2003, 09:30 PM

Which has more pollutant (sp) stock gasser or a STOCK diesel?
I remember reading a write-up about that on here somewhere. I think it was in the article section. I pretty much said that gassers put out more pollutant then diesels. Sad thing is that this lady was also in a automobile. If she had been riding a bicycle or walking, she may have something to say. But if she's in a car too, then she's just an ignorant hypocrite (sp?)

Quick Reply: Greenie Rant