Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Great weather this past weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great weather this past weekend.

I went camping this past weekend and lucily I decided on the rite direction to go. We had some rain but not the storms the rest of the area had. Two nites in a row we had sever storms and more tornados than I can count. We spent a couple hours in the brick bathrooms at the campground both nites but ultimatly all it did there was rain hard. The worst of th tornados was abought 15 miles north of my house and was clasified as an EF4. It was on the ground for abought 30-40 minutes and covered abought 14 miles. I have no idea what the ultimate wind speed was but it was more than enough. I am 32 and have lived here my entire life and only ever seen 1 tornado on the ground, most come at nite in the dark like all of these did. I havent bothered to drive up and see the damage first hand cause the workers dont need to be working around all the ruberneckers. I work with the daughter of one of the people that lost there farms. She said he was sleeping in his lazyboy in the living room when he was awoken by somthing beeping from the power flickering. When he came to he relized the house was shaking and moving. All he could do was hang on to his chair and hope for the best. When it stopped he got up to check out the damage and found out that most of his house and every building on the farm where gone.

I went and found out what the wind speeds where. They where rated at 166-200 MPH.

Here are the pics and a small writeup.
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/fsd/?n=tor2010jun25
Old 06-29-2010, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same here .... past two weekends have been nothing but rain and tornadoes. A couple of EF4's up here too, and last Saturday night we picked up 2 inches of rain in a night and a tree was truck by lighting in our backyard the same night. seems to have quieted down for the time being.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 AM

I dont know how much rain we got but I am guessing it was around that 2 inch mark or a little higher in areas. The only damage I had was my boys play fort I had just built for his 3rd B-day two weeks ago. It ripped th rock crawl and slide off and then twisted it 90 deg and layed it over. Luckily teh slide and rock crawl were not damaged and did not blow away, there abought $190 each. I re uprited the thing then staked it down and reatched the slide and rock wall.

Name:  ranger013.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  86.7 KB
Old 06-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Is it just me or is the weather getting worse? Up here in Canada we are getting some real unusual weather with tornados [not much over F2] but very unusual for us. Massive amounts of rain and damage and today is another day of forecasts of storms. I went out and bought a generator last wknd because of what that debris can do to the power supply when the lines go down.

glad you made it out ok. I know what you are saying about the rubber neckers. I was down that way in SD when some real strong storms hit with F3 and F4's. The route I had planned to take to head home lead us into an area that was a disaster area. I immediately change the route so that my family did not see this stuff and so that I was not one of those folks getting in the way touristing around.

Keep your eyes on the skies.

Scotty
Old 06-30-2010, 01:14 PM

al gore was right!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:25 PM

Last night in toon town we had anywhere from 2 to 5 inches of rain and MASSIVE lightning. There are pics of 3 feet of water in condo parking lots.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:50 PM

Y'all unnerstan that the weather changes are caused by all the heat radiating off of algore's various mansions causing up drafts,down drafts and side drafts(aka webbers or strombergs or delortos) there by causing hot air slanting and cold air confabulation to reverse blow in relation to hot air being expelled from swampland in The Capitol.That's my perambulation and I'm stricken to it,so there!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by irocpractice
Y'all unnerstan that the weather changes are caused by all the heat radiating off of algore's various mansions causing up drafts,down drafts and side drafts(aka webbers or strombergs or delortos) there by causing hot air slanting and cold air confabulation to reverse blow in relation to hot air being expelled from swampland in The Capitol.That's my perambulation and I'm stricken to it,so there!
Hmmmm...
Idealistically speaking, at any rate, this is a ball park figure but it sure does make sense. The hypotenuse triangle effect of Goreology is in full effect.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Hmmmm...
Idealistically speaking, at any rate, this is a ball park figure but it sure does make sense. The hypotenuse triangle effect of Goreology is in full effect.
BAHAHAHA !

wait ... are we doomed ?