Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Gout

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gout sucks, I've had bouts with it for years. MY Uric acid is all ways in the high normal range. I've found that cutting back on pork seems to help me. Haven't had any trouble in a couple of years, so haven't been taking medicine either.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:58 AM

I have had gout for years. My uric acid has been high for years. Ended up in ER twice for it, they drained the foot and gave me IVs. Allopurinol works for me. But I don't like taking RXs. Had a bout yesterday in my right foot big toe. Drank a lot of water, about a half gallon it an hour. I felt the pain go away, and the swelling go down. Also if your shoes are tight, or you stub your toe it might bring on a gout bout. I have heard of the black cherry juice, not sure if it ever work for the gout, but it is a great laxative, be careful about drinking a lot of the juice if you will be away from the facilities.
Good luck
Old 04-03-2008, 04:04 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Had bad gout for over two years primarily in my right foot and two times in my left elbow. Horrible!
I had been taking indomethacin for it which works but takes a couple of days.
Finally, I had run out of my diuretic meds (makes you pee for high BP) while traveling. Didnt take it for over a week and noticed that my gout had stopped.
I have now been practically gout free for two years. Still drinking beer too.