Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Got Raked today

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
While you may have been charged too much, or taxed too heavily,..... you have NOT been "Raped".

As the friend of a female acquaintance that WAS forcibly raped, I personally hate it when people use that word like that.

Especially when her ex-husband is walking around free because the prosecutor was a moron.

Look up the meaning of the word. It means more than a sexual assault.

Tobin
Old 05-26-2009, 05:58 AM
DTR Mom

let california raise the marriage permits to 10,000 dollars each for same sex couples. for the environment of course...

permits for an air compressor- wow even new york state did not think to tax that- we tax everything else and then surcharge that. I woudl hope you can find a loop in that usage permit.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Tobin
Look up the meaning of the word. It means more than a sexual assault.

Tobin

And your point is......?
Old 05-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Banned

i think his point is that you shouldn't have the power to tell anybody how to use a word as long as it's not commonly thought of as offensive. i don't know how you could find this violates any of the rules of the site. therefore how can you change his wording to your liking on a whim? they do that in the communist countries. just my take on it. sorry about your friend.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by duner
i think his point is that you shouldn't have the power to tell anybody how to use a word as long as it's not commonly thought of as offensive. i don't know how you could find this violates any of the rules of the site. therefore how can you change his wording to your liking on a whim? they do that in the communist countries. just my take on it. sorry about your friend.
I agree with Shovelhead, talk to someone that has endured the mental and physical anguish of being raped (IF they will talk to you) and you will never use that word out of context again.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:21 AM

so you paid 2500.00 and they taxed you 2480.00 on top ??? for real ? sounds like you got bent over by the man forsure!!! my condolences, how did they even find out you bought it?

dictionary.com "rape; 4. an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside."
Old 05-28-2009, 12:23 AM

whatever the verbage used Californians are being violated continuelly by those do gooders, we give free educations, medical and welfare to the worthless and the illigals.
look to Wash. DC Polosi was one of the primary creators of our problems here and it wasn't ca that put her in power in DC. look out she and her cohorts are coming after you wherever you live in the USA.
sorry for the political vent.
i hope you find a way to be able to operate your compressor. business do not do well out here, it is hostle territory for small business.

good luck.
rich
Old 05-28-2009, 06:00 AM

i think his point is that you shouldn't have the power to tell anybody how to use a word as long as it's not commonly thought of as offensive.
Not commonly thought of as offensive?
Maybe by those that have never endured it.

i don't know how you could find this violates any of the rules of the site. therefore how can you change his wording to your liking on a whim?
For clarification, I didn't change the title of the thread, and I never said anything posted was against any site rule.

they do that in the communist countries.
Ah yes,....the "Net-****" title.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
In today's news, Big "O" is looking at offering Kaliforia a Bailout of taxpayer's $$$ because it has become so "upside down" due to their inability to raise their own tax rates to cover their ever increasing expenditures.

So it looks like we taxpayers in the other 49 states might have to cough up more of our already short income to subsidize Arnie & Company.
So now in addition to car companies and banks, I may own part of California too? Is that like owning a time-share? Who do I call to schedule my vacation time slot?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have had bailouts for our provinces up here for years. They are called equalization or transfer payments.

"Equalization payments are payments that the federal government makes to the poorer provinces. The monies come from Ottawa's general revenues and are unconditional transfers that can be spent as the recipient provinces please (see also TRANSFER PAYMENT). Their purpose is to reduce the horizontal imbalance among the provinces."
Old 05-28-2009, 09:53 AM

With all the millionares in Kali, you wouldn't think the rest of the country would have to chip in to keep Arnie in cigars.