Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Got my wallet stolen today.... Pretty mad about it...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my wallet stolen today.... Pretty mad about it...

Yea guys you read that right..i got wallet stolen today. Pulled up to the pump, got my wallet, took the cash out, layed it on the seat under neath the console. Went inside to pay for the fuel i was about to put in my truck. Came back out pumped the fuel. Got back in my truck, put my seat belt on, reached underneath the console to get my wallet, and guess what....it wasnt there. So just remember guys allways lock your doors, and hopefully the same thing or something simular wont happen to you

Last edited by nasty01cummims; 05-21-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: advise from a fellow member
Old 05-21-2009, 04:56 PM

Hey Nasty,
That stinks, sorry to hear about it. Where do you live, around here EVERYTHING is on video....maybe you could ask the store to review the video? Never know, one camera may show the actor and the other may show a registration plate of a vehicle they drove off in....just a thought, again sorry to hear about the loss. At least they didn't take the truck!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:03 PM

I hope you didn't leave - hope you called the police right then & there and reported it. Let them work on it, and be careful how you word your titles. I understand you're frustrated and angry but commiting another wrong does not make it right.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:01 PM

sorry to hear that! im with kurt eric, maybe there are some camera's!
i usually leave my phone and ipod sit out on my seat when i go to pay, maybe i should rethink that now, especially the area of cali im in.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 PM

Why in Gods name would you leave your wallet in your truck??
Old 05-21-2009, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude, the purp had to have seen you put it there, i bet he was parked right next to you. this is a common theft at a gas station.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:54 PM

Don't they have cameras set up at the station?
I wonder if they could look at the tape? Crappy situ though. Nothing I despise more than a thief.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by badme
Why in Gods name would you leave your wallet in your truck??
I am with this guy............ I hate that you got your wallet taken but I don't think the word Stolen is necessarily correct in this situation. You leave your wallet laying where someone can pick it up, then you need to take some of the blame for losing it.

In a ideal world we should be able to set anything we want in our vehicles and not worry about someone taking it, but we do not live in a ideal world. You have to keep your valuables on you and under your control or locked up securely at all times. Sad....... but true.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by 96_12V
I hope you didn't leave - hope you called the police right then & there and reported it. Let them work on it, and be careful how you word your titles. I understand you're frustrated and angry but commiting another wrong does not make it right.
What are you talking about when you say be careful how you word your titles. He said he had his wallet stolen and he is mad about it. Nothing wrong with that in my book.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Justin26
What are you talking about when you say be careful how you word your titles. He said he had his wallet stolen and he is mad about it. Nothing wrong with that in my book.
He used profanity in the title and was a Gentleman and went back and removed it before you saw it.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:29 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I feel for you dude, when I was 21 I had my wallet stolen from the dash of my car. Since that day many years ago my wallet is in the front pocket of my pants or shorts. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:31 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
Dude.....Never leave your doors unlocked or windows down anywhere. The methheads and tweakers are everywhere looking for an easy score for dope money......they are everywhere. I lock up everytime. Easy pickens are there forte. If you are locked up they will find an easier grab like they did when they saw the other cars locked at the station you were at!

Kurt
Old 05-25-2009, 10:19 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
If you haven't done so, absolutely make a police report. It will save you headaches later.

If they do have cameras, they might have caught an employee, or if they didn't get a readable license plate from a suspect vehicle the driver may have paid by credit card.

When you cancel your credit cards, if there were any transactions after the theft ask them the exact time, amount and location. It makes life easier for the police if you can provide them that info.

Lastly 1-800-525-6285 is the number to call to put a 90 day fraud watch on your credit history with all three credit reports. They will also send you a copy of your credit report so you can make sure there aren't any accounts you didn't open.

Sorry to hear about your luck. I often take my wallet out of my pocket when I'm in my truck, because the shape of the seats makes it uncomfortable otherwise. It would be easy to forget to grab it.