Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Got fired by my Dentist!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 03:23 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is just too good! Your good advice got me making some calls today and you would not believe what I found out. This article is about my dentist (I had been in CA when it came out so was unaware).
Grand Jury Indicts Dentist.

SOLDOTNA – A Kenai Peninsula dentist tried to evade more than $575,000 in federal income taxes over a period of three years, a federal grand jury in Anchorage has charged in an indictment.
The U.S. Justice Department alleges that Glenn E. Lockwood, the owner of Kenai Dental Clinic and a Soldotna resident, created a corporation to evade taxes and entered into an offshore executive-leasing and deferred-compensation scheme to fraudulently reduce his taxable income and place income into offshore investments. The indictment also alleges that he set up a sham trust and concealed his income by deducting payments to the trust as insurance expenses on his corporate income tax returns.
Efforts to reach Lockwood for comment on Monday were unsuccessful. He was arrested at his Kenai office on Friday but was free on $150,000 bond Monday, according to the Justice Department.
Web posted Tuesday, September 25, 2007
This just cracks me up and explains a lot!

Last edited by Bark; 12-24-2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-24-2007, 03:53 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it smells like a fish.

Good post CD in NM!

I would also STILL pass the info to the insurance. They may blow it off, but I'm sure MY provider if any, would possibly audit records to recoup costs, or at least flag the office for future claims if I reported something like that. I was off work 2 years with injuries. People think it's a vacation, but it's a full time job trying to get the providers and Dr.'s codeing and records to mesh, they are so picky.