Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Goodbye Yukon

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodbye Yukon

[IMG] [/IMG]

Yesterday I came home to find my 7 year old Shiloh Shepherd Yukon dead. He had come up a little lame last week and suddenly got very ill. He was very lethargic and not himself. I was going to take him to the vet today but didn't make it. He was one of the biggest, and gentlest dogs I have ever met. He loved everyone. He would give the cats tongue baths and make out with our female Shiloh, Dawn. Everyone here is heartbroken including our other dog and the cats. It is hurting me especially as we were best buds. I am going to miss him alot. He went way too soon.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

MikeyB
Old 04-03-2006, 06:04 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry for your loss, a good looking Boy he was. And ideas what caused his illness yet?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:05 PM

Sorry for your loss they are family, RIP
Old 04-03-2006, 06:12 PM

We are not sure and probably will never know. Thanks for the thoughts.

Hondo
Old 04-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know your feelings all too well. We lost our 14 yo heeler, Little Kiowa, last Friday. She came down with artheritis and muscle deteriation in her hind legs a few weeks ago. From there, she went down hill fast. I could not sit at the barn and pet her without tears coming to my eyes. Without me knowing it, my wife and daughters had my son in law meet the vet up there last Friday morning and put her down. He dug her a good grave and made a really nice wooden cross out of old tree limbs. I'm glad they done it this way. I had told them I was ready whever they were, but did not look foreward to the task. I'm comforted by knowing she is better off now.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:41 PM

sorry to hear of your loss
Old 04-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I've posted this before.
It helped me when I had to put my Cocker down last year.

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 04-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Chapter President

Now that is neat.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:37 PM

Hi!

Very sad, I hope you´re fine. We (mother) have a Shih-Tzu, 9 years old, called Hoerby. Cutest dog I´ve ever seen and had and I don´t really want to see him dead. That would be just insane. But he´s tough, really, got bitten at least a dozen times (he must have some kind of magnet towards big and bad dogs) and luckily never had real bad injuries.

That poem was great and made me cry a bit. When I was 10 or so we had a Cocker Spaniel, called Daniel, will never forget him. Will never forget the day he died, sadest day in my life. So I know how you´re feeling right now, sad to hear he had such a short life.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:57 PM

Hondo
very sorry to here of you loss. i lost the best friend i ever had the first of feb. kilo my great dane was hit by a cement truck and didn't survive. i am feeling the same pain you are. the pain will go away but the love will always be there. our pets are very special in there own way to use. again i am sorry you are going through this.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:19 PM

very sorry for your loss. I lost my big import shepherd at 7 1/2 years
How big was your dog?? I've been looking at Shiloh shepherds for a long time.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:22 AM

He was 34" at the withers and at his healthiest about 135-140#. It just does not seem fair that he was so playful and gentle. When kids would tug on him or poke him in the face or if he got stepped on he never would let out so much as a wimper or a yelp. That might be one reason we didn't know how sick he was until it was too late. He would bark hello and if he really wanted to play but he never showed any signs of fear or aggresiveness.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:41 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Hondo, my sympathies.... I have an older Heeler mix that I will probably have to put down in the next year or so, he's already having a hard time getting around, and when it gets to where he is in pain, I wont make him live that way. I know how that is going to tear me up, so I can imagine how you feel.
I am sorry for your loss.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:19 AM

Hondo,
My sympathy for your loss, It can be devastating when they go so young and for no reason. I lost my 5 year old GSD to bloat in November while we were away. It still hurts but now the memories are of good things and the pain is much better. Time heals and the memories last forever.

Chris

Quick Reply: Goodbye Yukon