Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Good NORCAL Camp Grounds?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good NORCAL Camp Grounds?

I got the wife buggin me about getting out of the city and back into the country for a while and I was thinking that some Northern Californian camping would be a pretty good time about this time of year. Anybody from up there know of any good places that I can try and check out? Thanks
Old 03-06-2007, 10:36 PM

Runamuk Park in Sacramento is nice place! (Inside joke with Runamuk)

Contact Rick (Runamuk) and he can point ya in the right direction. He should see this and respond.

How Northern are you going to go?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
Runamuk Park in Sacramento is nice place! (Inside joke with Runamuk)

Contact Rick (Runamuk) and he can point ya in the right direction. He should see this and respond.

How Northern are you going to go?
Well, we wre planning a 6 or 7 day outting, so as far as it takes I guess. Just want to get out of the city for a few days, all this close quarters for the past three years, bad traffic, work and smog infested air...just need to get away from it for a while. Thanks for the response, I will be waiting to hear from Rick then.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:53 PM

If ya come up my way (Pismo) let me know and I can point ya in the right direction.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
If ya come up my way (Pismo) let me know and I can point ya in the right direction.
Will do, but I was thinking something a little more inland. Is it mountainous and wooded where you are?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:23 PM

I got the best of both worlds were I live! I got the beach 5 minutes away. I got Lopez lake and the Los Padres National forest about 20 minutes away.

The Sequios/Redwoods up outta of Fresno/Visalia are nice, Kings Canyon. Then there is Bass Lake/Yosemite up outta Fresno (North).
Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes it took me a while to get here. I rarely cruise the "other" forum.

I guess it depends on how many days you plan for driving and your specific accomodations. Most of the high country here is closed because of snow.

You may check Sequoia, or Kings canyon area 4-5 hours from you but I suspect the same. I'd have chains for your rig and trailer If I attempted this.

I'd have to agree with Tye, this time of year you'd be better off sticking to the coastal range. {Voice of experience}

My personal favorite is Ft Bragg/Fortuna/Eureka area. Humbolt county is great this time of year. Again that is one heck of a drive for you folks.

You may be able check out Big trees in Arnold area close to the Moaning caverns, where you can repel 160ft into the caverns, or go spelunking wet or dry out.

Hollister has accomodations if you wish to ride your quad 4x4 or??.....

Yosmite is virtually impassible because of snow load this time of year but is one of the most spectacular places to visit anytime!!

Dillons beach is another great place to be this time of year!

What do you really want to do?? I can hook you up!

Rick
Old 03-08-2007, 08:15 AM

When I was out in Sacramento we use to do a lot of camping at Salt Point. It's real close to Jenner. I don't know what your intentions are when you go camping (hiking, 4x4, ect) but if you and your wife like to dive, they have great abalone diving there. You can get a nice campground right on top of a cliff that overlooks the ocean, it's a spectacular view when you crawl out of your tent or R.V . If you go during the right time of the year you will be able to view the whales migrating.

Here is a link describing it a little more. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...08/ai_85700470