Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

good handgun for a woman

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by mestdagh
I still say first one goes in the floor >>unless<< you see the invader has a gun. That also gives the invader time to say "Hey don't shoot. It's your brother. I didn't want to wake you up and need a place to stay tonight."
That's why you ALWAYS identify your target before shooting. Firing a warning shot is not a good idea in my opinion. It works against you in SO many ways.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Agreed, it gives the bad guy a Muzzle Flash to aim at for return fire.
If I pull it, there's NO such thing as a Warning Shot.

Target identification is what these were made for.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Quote:
Agreed, it gives the bad guy a Muzzle Flash to aim at for return fire.
If I pull it, there's NO such thing as a Warning Shot.

That is why I have a tactical light on my H&K also on my Benelli.
If anybody got past my primary and secondary alarm system on the house,
got into the house, They should be expecting something.
I also have non lethal protection because every situation is diffrent and you must make that decision accordingley.
http://www.hkpro.com/usp45.htm
Old 07-30-2005, 01:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A friend of mine told me that his policy was to fire two warning shots into the intruders chest before shooting them in the head.

THAT is the proper use of a warning shot in my opinion.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 12valve@heart
A friend of mine told me that his policy was to fire two warning shots into the intruders chest before shooting them in the head.

THAT is the proper use of a warning shot in my opinion.

I like that one !!!

PISTOL
Old 07-30-2005, 07:40 AM

Now updating my tactics to include multiple "warning shots".........
Old 07-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 07-31-2005, 04:31 PM

What i would like to know is how in the heck do you people get yourselves in situations where you would need a gun??

Heres a couple points.

You pull the gun first, youre the criminal.

You pull the gun last, youre dead.

You dont pull a gun at all, chances are you live to move on.

I can understand the 12 gauge in the house, for ***** that want to invade your house, but to CARRY a firearm? Really now?

Why dont you just stay out of the alleys and crack houses to begin with?
Old 07-31-2005, 04:44 PM

I don't plan on getting into a situation where I might need a means to protect myself or my family from someone who might wish us harm.
But then I don't plan on getting into an accident where I'd need insurance or a seat belt or air bags. But that doesn't mean I don't want them in my vehicle.
BUT the the folks at the Lusby's diner or that Mc D's in Texas a few years back didn't plan to have a Happy Meal in a restaurant with a Nut-Job who decided that he'd rather shoot everyone in the place than "Have fries with that".

Sometimes stuff happens.........

If you or your family ever meet an individual like that in your daily lives, please feel free to get on your cellphone and dial 9-1-1....I'm sure the Bad Guys will be willing to wait around until the cavalry can show up.

As for the "just roll over and give the bad guys what they want" argument....
What are you going to do when the bad guy decides he wants your wife, or daughter?
There is no honor among theives.
The "New Breed" will shoot you because you only had $20 in your pocket and he wanted $25.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by Timmay2

i think we've established the need for CCW... the beauty is that if we were not talking about it here, you'd never know any of us were carrying and it would not be an issue.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:32 PM

Originally posted by hovisimo
.......... you'd never know any of us were carrying and it would not be an issue.

BINGO!
Old 07-31-2005, 08:06 PM

Sadly, my GF feels the need for a handgun because of an incident that happened last last. Not going into details, but i wish she had one as well.

My main concern though is what qualifys someone such as a girl, to use the handgun in a non-life threating situation?? I mean when shes home alone and something happens from an uninvited person such as rape, assualt, or anything similar, what is she to do with or without a handgun? Can she fire a shot in the leg if the subject has no firearm and she not get charged with attempted murder? The laws are so weird that its hard to know what you can do. Calling 911 is kind of hard to do in the middle of a confrontation. What do you guys think???
Old 07-31-2005, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
WHY you ask?

Originally posted by Timmay2
What i would like to know is how in the heck do you people get yourselves in situations where you would need a gun??

Heres a couple points.

You pull the gun first, youre the criminal. STILL ALIVE!

You pull the gun last, youre dead. YOU WERE NOT AWARE!

You dont pull a gun at all, chances are you live to move on. YOUR WIFE IS RAPED IN FRONT OF YOU THEN SHE IN KILLED!

I can understand the 12 gauge in the house, for ***** that want to invade your house, but to CARRY a firearm? Really now?

That is an easy one...
Try living in Southern California,
Where you can get shot for just being there,
Get shot for passing the car full of gang bangers on the freeway.
Get shot because they decided they want your truck at a stop light.
Break into your house and shoot your entire family in a home invasion / robbrey.
They will shoot your kids in your front yard.
Get shot for looking at the people in the car next to you at the stop light.
This is a link to our local newspaper. Read it and you will be shocked at what goes on around you.
http://lang.sgvtribune.com/gangs/
http://lang.sgvtribune.com/socal/gan...vtp1_tover.asp

Check here for a list of the local gangs.
http://www.angelfire.com/ca5/ganglandexpress/

I live in a fairly upscale neighborhood now there are gangbangers/ drug dealers at the corner and on the block behind me.
The same reason I have such a good security system and video system to watch the truck and house.
I live in Covina city but we are served by Los Angeles County Sheriff and they have 1 car for our area. If you call them right now, they might be here in 30 - 45 minuets.
You are on your own and have to protect yourself at all cost. And the stupidest thing is in LA county you cannot get a CCW to carry legally but 15 miles to the east in San Bernardino County you can have one within 2 weeks. I know for a fact because my son has one.
2 years ago as I was driving out of my street and I was stopped at the corner as gangbanger decides he is tryng to kill me. Someone had given him the idea I was a cop
My neighbors backed me up.
Latest news is that all of the gangs and drug lords are moving east from the Los Angeles area and taking the east for their turf as they are headed toward high desert area.
Come April 27th. 2004 I was working in a city called Rialto installing a video system at an apartment complex when I walked out to my truck, I was ambushed by 2 crack heads who stuck a gun in the side of my head as I was robbed. I gave them everything they wanted as they backed up 3 feet and shot me in the back. 6 shots were fired but only 4 hit me. 3 across the shoulders and 1 in the lower back. the remaining 2 went into the back of my truck.
Luckly it was only a .22 but when it is stuck in your head you don't know what it is.
They got away, the police said there was just a robbery 15 minuets earlier same MO.
1 week later 2 people matching the same description tried to rob a mom & pop convience store and while they were assualting the mom, the son got his gun and killed 1 in the doorway and shot the other in the back as he fled.
Most of the people who live on other states have not got a clue what life is like out here. People say "I would just move" but it is not that easy.
You have to fight back and protect yourself and your family, you cannot count on the police to help you.
I am here to tell every one of you that when someone tries to take your life, you are not the same and never will be after that.
I will remember this forever.
Yes this a war zone we don't have to look for trouble, it's all around us.
Sorry I got carried away this is why we need to be able to protect ourselves.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:31 PM

...same reason i have 4wd, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. i don't know of many other things i would trust my life to than these two!

Old 07-31-2005, 08:32 PM

A weapon should only be employed if "Deadly Force" is called for.
IE: You are in a situation where a "reasonable person"(Legal term) would think that there was immanent danger of losing your life or the life of a loved one if deadly force is not brought to bear.
There is no "shoot to wound" exemption.
Pulling a handgun will automatically bring a whole new set of factors into any legal equation.
"I was only trying to scare him" will only have the responding Law Enforcement official fit you for a shiny set of braclets as they charge you with brandishing, assault., or worse attempted homicide while armed.

IANAL.......

Quick Reply: good handgun for a woman