Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

God vs Science....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe God loves everyone and wishes the best for them. In my eyes he is the perfect father. Ever read the story of the prodigal son?
Old 11-30-2007, 05:56 PM
RAF

Originally Posted by t-15 firefighter
Now my question is this… Was I old enough to actually be accepted? If you want me to be honest, I don’t really feel like I reached an age of reason until I was around age 14. So here is the real question: I did honestly believe when I was 10. I started questioning everything when I was around 14. And today I don’t really believe at all. So what is your opinion? My personal opinion, if I am to be honest, is that I wasn't old enough to be saved. What do you think?
Well, I am not sure how you were at age 10. I know my to boys ( 5 & 7 ) can reason alot of things. I do know this, at age 14 I was questioning alot of things. Like my parents authority. I thought I was right and they didn't know what they were talking about.

I didn't grow up in a Bible believing house hold. We went to a church that called them selves Christians. (No Bibles anywhere accept on the alter. and they didn't read that one either.) I said that to say this. I wasn't saved til age 17. And that was when I was shown in the Bible the answers to the questions I had at that time.( The other church's answer: "it was a mystery of the church" )

Kind of went on a little RANT there.

Any way, When I lowered my head to pray I knew somthing happened inside.
The best I can relay the feeling is an up lifting.

I think you can have reason enough to understand the basics at age 10.

God knows the heart. If you were saved then your true Father will deal with the rebelion.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:00 PM
RAF

Originally Posted by KBennett
I believe God loves everyone and wishes the best for them.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM

Ok, show me a Christian who's never had a doubt and I'll show you someone isn't being honest.

If there's one thing Adam and Eve did wrong was not discussing the whole thing with God before they decided to disobey.

Why give us the gift of prayer if we can't use it to discuss all our questions and doubts with Him. Questioning/doubting are not the unforgivable sin.

t-15, are you saved? If you, in good faith, asked Jesus into your heart, it happened (period), once for all time, whether you were 10, 12, 50, or whatever. God does not go back on His promises, we do. If there is distance between God and the believer it's because the believer ran away but never far enough that God can't find him/her.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by grantx5
Ok, show me a Christian who's never had a doubt and I'll show you someone isn't being honest.

If there's one thing Adam and Eve did wrong was not discussing the whole thing with God before they decided to disobey.

Why give us the gift of prayer if we can't use it to discuss all our questions and doubts with Him. Questioning/doubting are not the unforgivable sin.

t-15, are you saved? If you, in good faith, asked Jesus into your heart, it happened (period), once for all time, whether you were 10, 12, 50, or whatever. God does not go back on His promises, we do. If there is distance between God and the believer it's because the believer ran away but never far enough that God can't find him/her.

But, I don't believe that being saved when you are 12 and then spending the rest of your life without a relationship with God and/or denying him will get you into Heaven either.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CamperAndy
I wrote that in response to what you wrote in post 199. It relates to the holes you were looking for and the reason I asked about the age of the earth was that 6,000 (what most young earthers believe) or even 10,000 (as you think) years is not enough time for the events you believe to have occurred to have actually happened in that time. There are trees that are almost as old as the time line you give from the beginning to now.

I know I have been rough around the edges some on this thread but you should read the whole thing again and see how articulate some of the faithful have been in their writing. You could learn a few things.

Hope to pick up on this again tomorrow. Good night for now.
Im still waiting for the "holes" you speak of. Scientists have not proved the bible wrong yet and they never will.

I cannot change a mans view and espeacially his heart. At least one that Gods has not touched first.

Also, there is no "maybe" on believing in God. Maybe in Gods view is "no".

But, if you want a monkey in your family tree go ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mabSEOyCrU
Old 11-30-2007, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by oilfield-trash;1817166

But, if you want a monkey in your family tree go ahead.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mabSEOyCrU"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mabSEOyCrU[/URL]
Thats funny stuff right there!!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Ok, Gents, this thread has had a good run, but I think that it's getting away from what we are looking for. I'm sorry I'm doing this, personal beliefs aside, I think this one is starting to go in a way that the DTR does not want it to.

Good job on keeping it civil and grown up, I'm glad to see such a controversial subject go so long.