Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

God vs Science....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oilfield-trash
Thats not a hard thing to do.
Okay, why??? Are you trying to get the thread shut down???? Really, what is your rational? If your not going to post anything constructive then why post at all. We have a pretty good thing going here so please don't mess it up.

Britt
Old 11-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperAndy

Now you lost me.

Well so far this thread actually discussed concepts and beliefs but your last post sums up your debate skills. If that is the best you can contribute to the thread you may just want to watch.

But if you choose to post any chance you can let us know how old you think the earth is?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Banned

Water was created in the beginning.
Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. the earth was without form and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

That was an easy one.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:03 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

Your not answering the questions that some of us have put to you. It appears you are resorting to a different tactic in the defense of your belief.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Clayten
Your not answering the questions that some of us have put to you. It appears you are resorting to a different tactic in the defense of your belief.
He shouldnt HAVE to defend his belief.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:10 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally Posted by MTGunNut
No, your right. He doesn't have to defend his belief. But it appears that his only goal is to get this thread shut down (which unfortunately he may do if he keeps this up). I and most everyone else on here welcomes his beliefs but to post in a confrontational way is a sure way to get this shut down. We have had a good thing going and to have someone come in and mess it up is unfortunate.

JMHO

Britt
Old 11-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Banned

Earths age - around 10,000 years

Frederic B. Jueneman, FAIC, "There has been in recent years the horrible realization that radiodecay rates are not as constant as previously thought, nor are they immune to environmental influences. And this could mean that the atomic clocks are reset during some global disaster, and events which brought the Mesozoic to a close may not be 65 million years ago but, rather, within the age and memory of man." Ind. Research & Development, p.21, 6/1982
Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

Originally Posted by MTGunNut
Take it in context. No disrespect or confrontation was coming from my side.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned

I answer a question with my biblically based answer I get this

Well let me know when you think it would be okay for your grand kids (1st cousins) to get together and make you a great grand dad. Good enough for Noah should be good enough for you and one very good way to make sure there are no branches in your tree!

You think its wrong for me to defend myself. I expect it anyway.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:46 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Easy boys.

Don't expect anyones mind to be changed here. It's a chance to understand each other better. But we will still disagree. Disrespect will not move anyone to your position.

No matter how much you disagree with another's position, that's just the way it is and you've still learned something from hearing it. People's religious views are deeply rooted.

John
Old 11-29-2007, 11:00 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

Ya know I haven't started my truck in 3 days been stuck in this thread. Hope I get better soon.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by t-15 firefighter
Okay, why??? Are you trying to get the thread shut down????

Britt
There always seems to be at least one person who just can't stand things going smoothly.

oh well
Old 11-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I answer a question with my biblically based answer I get this

Quote:
Well let me know when you think it would be okay for your grand kids (1st cousins) to get together and make you a great grand dad. Good enough for Noah should be good enough for you and one very good way to make sure there are no branches in your tree!

You think its wrong for me to defend myself. I expect it anyway.

I wrote that in response to what you wrote in post 199. It relates to the holes you were looking for and the reason I asked about the age of the earth was that 6,000 (what most young earthers believe) or even 10,000 (as you think) years is not enough time for the events you believe to have occurred to have actually happened in that time. There are trees that are almost as old as the time line you give from the beginning to now.

I know I have been rough around the edges some on this thread but you should read the whole thing again and see how articulate some of the faithful have been in their writing. You could learn a few things.

Hope to pick up on this again tomorrow. Good night for now.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah.... I find it hard to believe Jesus as intimidating. Probably the most compassionate person that has ever lived.

Britt

You are right Jesus was and is very compassionate but lets not forget his reaction to the vendors in the temple

John 2:13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"

You know... I'm glad that you asked that because I have thought about this many times in the past. I was always told (even to this day by my mom) that once saved always saved. Now if you want me to be completely honest with you... I really don't know the answer to that question. When I was ten I most definitely believed in God, Jesus, that he died on the cross for our sins, that Shadrack, Meshack, and Abendigo survived in a roaring furnace, that David beat Goliath with a smooth stone, that the walls of Jericho came down, and that Eve was created from the rib of Adam. Pretty much everything in the bible I believed. I can still, to this day, recite all of the books of the bible (a shock to all my friends or anyone that knows me). I remember talking to the preacher and, at the time accepting Christ. Now don’t put too much stock in this because a few years earlier I believed in Santa and the Easter bunny. Now my question is this… Was I old enough to actually be accepted? If you want me to be honest, I don’t really feel like I reached an age of reason until I was around age 14. So here is the real question: I did honestly believe when I was 10. I started questioning everything when I was around 14. And today I don’t really believe at all. So what is your opinion? My personal opinion, if I am to be honest, is that I wasn't old enough to be saved. What do you think?

Judging by your previous post here, I don’t think there is any question as to your true intentions. All of your post have been balanced with your beliefs and seemingly a desire to learn about others.

Thank you.

Britt

Britt personally I feel the age of accountability depends on the person some mature quicker than others so I believe only you know the answer to that. I havent ever found a clear defining scripture defining the exact age of accountability. I do know the bible say we will know the difference in someone who is saved by their fruits.

Matt 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Ephesians 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

9(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth

10Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

I realize this comes from the Bible and is therefore biased towards christianity although I believe this is the answer to your question.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:19 AM

You guys are great, still a very interesting thread.

Ok, lots of discussion about lots of stuff. Allow me to start over (this should probably be a poll).

Question: Do you believe that God exists? I am not talking about the god of the Bible or Koran, etc., I am just asking, do you believe that God exists?

I have always admired the reverence our native American brothers and sisters have for powers greater than themselves.

What say you??

Quick Reply: God vs Science....