Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

God bless Joe Horn

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
God Bless him!

He could be my neighbor anytime!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
how old is the guy? i missed it on the news?

brett
I've heard 61 and 71 in the AM talk radio cycles. Either case old enough to remember when this country was not ruled by thugs and the "what if" crowd that enables them.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:24 PM

CNN wants to hang him. Just saw their legal guy (Tobin) commenting about how they should find someway to pin him basically. He also didn't understand the laws in this state instead going on to say since it's texas he might get off because people would give him sympathy... True, but still doesn't cover up the fact that he had the right to protect another's property with deadly force.

No way a 70 year old man is going to recover stolen items from two assailants without popping a cap in them.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
He's welcome to live by me. Heck I may pay for him to move.

I had a neighbor one time who was a member of an infamous group of gentlemen who happen to ride motorcycles, and may have been associated in some not so legal activities. Undoubtably the best neighbor I ever had. No one I mean no one messed with my stuff and the young kids were scared to come around it was perfect. He was a super nice guy I didnt ask and he didnt tell. When our house burnt "electrical fire" and he was the first one there helping me try to get things out of the house.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 AM

Look on the bright side: two less illegals in Texas.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 AM

News last night the community activist were on saying blah blah the neighbors were saying they are glad he lives there.. go figure..
Old 11-20-2007, 09:43 AM

This man should be commended, not punished.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 AM

I was listening to the local AM news radio station yesterday and a local black activist (Quannell X) was arranging a "press release" in front of the old man's house yesterday. From what I hear, the neighbors of the old man came out in force when these yahoo's started their tirade against killing "2 young men" in cold blood. X also went as far as trying to manipulate his followers into believing that the act of Joe was premeditated. X said that since the old man had called 911 prior to going out and capping these two thieves, that his act was "premeditated". I feel that the old man was acting in a "protect the property" mode and was fully justified in what he did.

If an idiot wants to take up burglary as profession, then same idiot should take into consideration that death could be a hazard of said profession, if he breaks into the wrong house.

I hope that the bleeding heart liberals that are trying to take over, take heed that there is still a bastion of conservatives out here that is willing to protect what we have spent all of our lives trying to earn, (those of us who work for a living and don't walk around with our hand out, waiting for the government dole to take care of us.)

KUDO's to Joe

Gary
Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by cmnspwr
Look on the bright side: two less illegals in Texas.
Originally Posted by doomgaze
This man should be commended, not punished.
Im with these guys....

He can live next to me anytime.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
He's gotta be related to Tom Horn...

Something he had to do, it is in the genes.

Bully for him!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
in order for them to understand it, it needs to be something like this....

"yo gee, this is the downlow. ifs ya plannin on hittin this hiz-ows, ya need to scribble down what hommies and babys momma's we need ta educate...fo real!"

brett
Thanks Brett! I just ruined another keyboard with my projectile coffee! here is another person who would be happy to have him as a neighbor!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have no sympathy for the two guys that were shot but it should be noted they were not "illegals." secondly since this occured in broad daylight i don't think things will go the guys way. castle doctrine in texas is more limited during the day. if i recall, a guy in texas shot and killed a guy stealing HIS car in HIS yard but since it was during the day he was jailed for it. hopefully the jury buys the self defence plea........
Old 11-20-2007, 01:13 PM

It may just be time for the "real people" that made this nation so great to stand up and fight for this man!! It's been coming for a long time.....this may just be it!! I don't care what they were stealing or where the bullets hit them dead is dead!! GOD BLESS AND KEEP HIM!
Old 11-20-2007, 01:28 PM

Did yall hear the 911 call? It was crazy.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by GhettoVaquero
i have no sympathy for the two guys that were shot but it should be noted they were not "illegals." secondly since this occured in broad daylight i don't think things will go the guys way. castle doctrine in texas is more limited during the day. if i recall, a guy in texas shot and killed a guy stealing HIS car in HIS yard but since it was during the day he was jailed for it. hopefully the jury buys the self defence plea........
I wish I had time to copy paste the law. But from my reading it clearly says you have the right to use deadly force to reasonably protect your or another's property and to recover stolen items. A 70 year old man wouldn't have been able to recover the items without shooting them.

12 ga buck shot usually ends badly.

Quick Reply: God bless Joe Horn